I want good classic rock overdrive. From what I've read the vox ad30vt is better compared to its xl sibling and the roland cube, correct? thanks
yes. for cleans and classic rock, the vox ad series is the way to go.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
If all you play is classic rock, a small all- tube amp would probably be a better choice in that price range. Take a look at the Epi Valve Jr, Blackheart Little Giant, and Fender Super/ Vibro Champ XD.

But yes, the regular Valvetronixes do classic rock much better than the Cube and the XL's.
vox vt for cleans, overdrive, low-gain. for high-gain roland cube. the xl just sucks.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If all you play is classic rock, a small all- tube amp would probably be a better choice in that price range. Take a look at the Epi Valve Jr, Blackheart Little Giant, and Fender Super/ Vibro Champ XD.

But yes, the regular Valvetronixes do classic rock much better than the Cube and the XL's.

this is for nothing more than practice. I feel like the low-watter tube amps would me as much novelty as beneficial for my use. I need the effects. Anyone know if you can plug them into an external speaker?
XL for high gain but i haven't heard good things about it. AD30VT is what you want.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Seriously, there's tons of threads on this, the searchbar would've saved you time if anything instead of being difficult and actually putting "spare me the search bar" in you're thread name.

*sigh*
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Seriously, there's tons of threads on this, the searchbar would've saved you time if anything instead of being difficult and actually putting "spare me the search bar" in you're thread name.

*sigh*

chill mighty forum warden, just wanted to double check current opinions... already used the search bar and didn't want the "try the search bar" suggestion from people like you.
Quote by protech487
chill mighty forum warden, just wanted to double check current opinions... already used the search bar and didn't want the "try the search bar" suggestion from people like you.

I never say "Use the searchbar" like some of our other UG residents, but when you obviously know it's there and purposely don't use it even though there's probably 5 threads a week on the subject, it just makes you look like an ignorant prick.

If you're going to not use it, at least don't put it in the subject of your thread.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I never say "Use the searchbar" like some of our other UG residents, but when you obviously know it's there and purposely don't use it even though there's probably 5 threads a week on the subject, it just makes you look like an ignorant prick.

If you're going to not use it, at least don't put it in the subject of your thread.

dude, again chill already, read closely and you'll see I did use the searchbar... go get back in your crib.
Quote by protech487
dude, again chill already, read closely and you'll see I did use the searchbar... go get back in your crib.

Yes, I read that you used the search bar, so I don't see why you need to make a thread about it when there's PLENTY of current information on the amp.

And I'm sorry if I sound like a complete dick, it's just stupid pointless threads like this that make me pissed at UG
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, I read that you used the search bar, so I don't see why you need to make a thread about it when there's PLENTY of current information on the amp.

And I'm sorry if I sound like a complete dick, it's just stupid pointless threads like this that make me pissed at UG

Mmm, well the others viewed it worthy of responding (and to them and I thank for the straight forward answers)... anyway