Page 1 of 2
So, I'm thinking about buying a macbook. What are your thoughts? i want to use it for like photoshop, movies, music and stuff like that. should i get one?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Computer illiterate? Go for it.
Not? Find a PC laptop with better value.
mmmk.
So their not goOD?
Quote by L_Z_Nut
Who is this "Billy Joe Armstrong" you guys are talking about..... sounds made up to me.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
my penis is like 6 inches. i measured with a measuring tape and accidentally let it go, so i have cuts down the side.

RIP heaven's gate
Mac's are the ****.

Do it.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
yes, you should definately get one
it's in the middle of teh product cycle though, and it's highly speculated that the new ones will be majorly overhauled and have a new design, so get one now if you really need it, if not wait for the new ones
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I want to be a graphic designer or something with editing are they good for that?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
no my computer now is the biggest piece of crap. Plus i would like to be able to take it places. How long would i have to wait for the new ones to come out?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
essentially macs are made for multimedia people
so if you're gonna be making dvds and recording music and editing photos and such, the mac is geared towards you, but if you just want a laptop you're probably better off getting a cheaper pc laptop that can do the same but not as well
i loved my mac while i had it....but i had to sell it cuz i needed some money, it's definately a good investment though, but if you don't absolutely need a notebook, i suggest getting the iMac instead
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
i cant afford one of those i have about $1300-$1500 to spend
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
Which ones are better? The imac's or the macbookS?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
macs are the best of the best. I have one...and they do everything. I'm a computer science/graphic design/music major in school...and it does it all. trust me...macs are the best.
it's for school right? if so log into your school on the apple store and then look around cause for me the prices dropped about 300 bucks or so, it's making it so I can afford a mac book pro, only the base one but still
Quote by brandendude
no my computer now is the biggest piece of crap. Plus i would like to be able to take it places. How long would i have to wait for the new ones to come out?

well it's mid product cycle, but the wait is worth it if they are totally changing them, i suggest going to www.macrumors.com, they have a buyers guide which tells you the info of all their stuff, what the latest updates were and so on, it's the best place for mac info
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by brandendude
Which ones are better? The imac's or the macbookS?

for the price imacs are better, but if you really want/need the portability get the notebook, but i regret buying the macbook instead of imac, cuz now i'm stuck on a POS old pc
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
I got one for my next uni semester,

VERY excellent, just make sure you have 'connections' for the excellent software...

Now every asshole with their Dells/Toshibas/HPs/whatever else, look at me like god when i do everything the lecturer does without having to press over 9000 buttons first...

I <3 Macbook

p.s. mines black too
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Well i want the macbook because i travel alot. I know they have WiFi but is there a thing i can buy so i can be connected to the internet werever i go?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
For what you plan on using it for it's perfect. PCs are just meant to be efficient machines (which is what they are).

Macs on the other hand are very artist friendly and are able to do more and more PC exclusive stuff too as time goes by. They just put out macs that have the leopard operating system and I picked one up right after they came out. Incredibly easy to use and yo can trust the thing to last so I say go for one now if you want.
if you mean those world wide internet dial things any computer can use them they are usb
Quote by brandendude
Well i want the macbook because i travel alot. I know they have WiFi but is there a thing i can buy so i can be connected to the internet werever i go?

go to the apple store, i'm sure you can buy one somewhere, the same cards for pcs probably work for macs, but those cost so much a month i think, it's in essence a cell phone connected to your computer
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by brandendude

Yeah I think cell phone companies like Verizon make cards to put in your laptop so you can get internets anywhere.
yeah you won't need one unless, well you get a job and your company pays for it. But one word of advise if you have the money get at least 2 gigs of ram trust me you'll be happy in the end.
and one more thing if you're debating windows over OSX, you can install OSX, Windows, and Linux all on your computer, you can even dual boot, so if you have windows only programs, or games, you can still use them, and macs have the best battery life out of any laptop
and just a little side note, the laptop that runs windows vista teh best, is the macbook pro, pretty amazing considering it's not even really made for windows
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by gagnerants
yeah you won't need one unless, well you get a job and your company pays for it. But one word of advise if you have the money get at least 2 gigs of ram trust me you'll be happy in the end.

yes, but get the lowest ram possible, then buy your other ram from www.tigerdirect.com cuz apple charges WAY too much for their ram, at teh end of the day though if you're gonna get one you shoudl get a macbook pro, the investment is worth it
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
the one i get has 2 gigs of ram and to get 4 gigs it would cost $180. TO the guy that was talking about these so called "connections" to get the good soft were were would i go to get it
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
yea anyone else?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
Quote by andy_thomas
Mac's are the ****.

Do it.

yes, mac's are ****
they are for old people

ARE YOU OLD PEOPLE?!?!?!
No I'm not "old people" wtf
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
I quite like mine.

Don't listen to the Apple haters
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
For what you want your computer to do (photoshop, music, movies), you could just get a PC instead of mac for cheaper and still be able to do the same stuff. Macs are generally more expensive than other computers and they give a lot less options in customizing your hardware. So yeah, just get a pc dude, for what you are trying to use it for a mac isn't really necessary and is just more expensive.
What are the wireless cards called? the ones that are from the cell phone companies?
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
yea
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
anyonbe!!!!
Quote by L_Z_Nut

Quote by l2p_Guitar

RIP heaven's gate
WAIT! supposedly mac is coming out with a new macbook [unless you want a pro or an air] in the middle or end of this month.
i'm waiting.

bigger screeen
aluminum [& possibly black aluminum, too.]
better for the environment
& more protective

EDIT: i'm waiting until the end of this month & if the new one's not out, i'm getting a black macbook i'm so excited!

DOUBLE EDIT: plus, if you get one before september, you get a free 8g ipod nano or ipod touch. with mail-in rebate. plus, they have this deal where you can get a printer for free the same way, but all of them are low end, but if it's free & you don't like it, you can buy another one later
Last edited by ranirhetoric at Jul 9, 2008,

the macbook actually has an "airport" card built in that can detect and connect to wireless networks anywhere. you don't need to buy anything seperate.
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.
Why get a laptop when you can get a desktop for half the price with the same spec.?
Party
Pants
In
My
Come
Wanna
You?

Quote by M.B.MetalTabber
clothes, you don't want as much detail as emptybullet gave you now, do you?
Page 1 of 2