needs practice but since you're using an explorer I won't be harsh. The explorer makes you cooler
i hate youtube but i love this song so i watched it.
well just keep working on it. capturing the feel of this song is really important. and be more confident when playing this song (or any song). just get the notes down and practice playing with that flow and strong attack that srv has.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Well yeah. I just learned it tonight. I couldn't seem to get a take that was good enough, so I kinda gave up and put up what I had. Sorry for my dodgy playing, and especially, my horrid tone.

I'm going to remove that one I guess. I'm going to try to see if I can re do it tonight.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Last edited by Chance125 at Jul 8, 2008,
The video is down temporarily because I wanted to redo it. I have another video I recorded, I just have to upload it. It's not really working right now. I'll let you know when it's up and running again.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
Well yeah. I just learned it tonight. I couldn't seem to get a take that was good enough, so I kinda gave up and put up what I had. Sorry for my dodgy playing, and especially, my horrid tone.

I'm going to remove that one I guess. I'm going to try to see if I can re do it tonight.

I totally hear ya. Time and time again I've pretty much learned that if I can't get a take to sound good or sync up with the song correctly, I'll just keep working on it until it's done right. Often I'll do what you describe... which usually me learning riffs just minutes before I record them. Sometime though, if something is difficult, I'll sit back with the guitar for a while (maybe even over the course of a few days), and practice it until I feel confident to go at it again. You know what they say about practice