My band is gonna play hard rock and maybe some metal

Marshall avt50
Peavey classic 30?

i dunno my budget is like $500

what can i get with that that is decent for gigging?
Between those 2, the C30.

The C30's quite vintage voiced, and though it CAN do heavy rock and metal, it doesn't do them particularly well. These would all do better imo-

Randall RG50TC
Used Traynor YCV50 Blue
Used B-52 AT-112

If you stretch your price range a bit, you could get stuff like a Krank Rev Jr., Mesa F30, or maybe a used ENGL if you look hard enough.
People say good things about the Crate V50 for hard rock/metal. Also, a few people have said ValveKings get good tone once you "upgrade" them. Those are inside your budget and would be more than enough power. I would definitely test them all if I were you.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
People say good things about the Crate V50 for hard rock/metal. Also, a few people have said ValveKings get good tone once you "upgrade" them. Those are inside your budget and would be more than enough power. I would definitely test them all if I were you.

I've screwed with my VK for like a year and a half now. It's not worth it. Please don't get it. Well actually. You can buy my slightly customized messed around with better than standard VK for less than a New one,
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
the classic 30 is great but not for metal
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
i would save $200 more and get a bugera
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS