so i have a line 6 spider II 30watt. Ive had it for 3 years, and I regret buying it..but w/e.
Now im looking for something a little bigger. I need something for home and for gigs.
I play metal and hardcore, but I also love blues,funk and classical so I would like a good clean channel. I do not want a solid-state amp. I want a tube amp.

Budget is pretty much around 1200$ give or take. Im going to save up for it.

Im mainly into bands like: Protest The Hero, The Human Abstract, From Autum To Ashes, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall...
A Carvin Steve Vai Legacy. Best combo I have ever played around the $1000 dollar area. The half stack is around $1350. It has killer clean tone and great lead tone ,when I get some spare cash this one is gonna be my next amp for sure.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Ghold125
A hot rod is going to be really stupid, when he plays heavy metal X(

srsly

I guess look into Carvins - I hear good things about them. If you saved a bit more you might get an engl, or you could go used.
Quote by Ghold125

The point is the OP wants an amp that is flexible as he says he plays metal and hardcore but also wants something that will do blues, funk and classical (though I would assume he means neo-classical) and a duel rec is not going to pull that off. A Carvin Legacy is in his price range and will do that because that is exactly why I would buy it for it's flexibilty. Hot rod amp....sheesh.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
The point is the OP wants an amp that is flexible as he says he plays metal and hardcore but also wants something that will do blues, funk and classical (though I would assume he means neo-classical) and a duel rec is not going to pull that off. A Carvin Legacy is in his price range and will do that because that is exactly why I would buy it for it's flexibilty. Hot rod amp....sheesh.

neo-classical correct lol

EDIT: and do combo's have enough juice for gigs?. Like im not talking about a cathedral here. Just some local stuff. litle bars and clubs.
Last edited by KurtCobain9898 at Jul 8, 2008,
Depends on the wattage and if you want cleans, 30 watts could do it but you might lose your cleans, depending on the amp and size of your gig. 50 watts will almost certainly be enough for anything you'll be playing.
The Carvin Legacy is 100 watts with dual 12" Celestions so yeah it will handle live gigs and it has an extra speaker out to plug another double 12" speaker cab in, if you need more sound. It would be a little loud for home though unless you practice in a basement or garage.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
Quote by shredder.cheese
The Carvin Legacy is 100 watts with dual 12" Celestions so yeah it will handle live gigs and it has an extra speaker out to plug another double 12" speaker cab in, if you need more sound. It would be a little loud for home though unless you practice in a basement or garage.

I play in a basement. but does the amp have a headphone jack? just wondering.
You know I don't think so but I am not sure. Here is the link to Carvin's website.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=VL212
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
Quote by Ghold125

I know...I read the OP wrong. I thought he said he plays mainly blues/classic rock with SOME metal. Once I posted that I went back and read it again and realized I got it backwards. My b
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

You could get a Marshall MG. They have tube simulation and the clean channel is amazing.
-.-, marshall mg:

and tube amp's don't have head phone jacks X(, massive explosions might happen.
Quote by imafool18
You could get a Marshall MG. They have tube simulation and the clean channel is amazing.

Fail.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by imafool18

Lol the username really says it all.
Ain't nothin wrong, ain't nothin right, and still I sit and lie awake all night...