i think theres something wrong with my power tubes. If u saw my thread before, i have a mesa boogie single rectifier and when i turn it on the tube turns blue and like every time i play a chord or like palm mute, it makes the blue/purple brighter. That cant be could can it haha which is probably why the volume keeps going up and down. Opinions?
Well my tubes were orange and blue out of the box...So I'm not sure.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Depends lol Te valves in ym amp are Groove tubes, and they are colour coded, and when you switch it on they glow blue, i think its looks quite cool
Gear

Guitars - Fender Deluxe Player Strat, Squier Affinity Strat, Ibanez TCM - 50

Amps - Fender Blues Deluxe

Effects - Boss ME-50

Other - Banjo

Jazz Is not music, Its a way of life
replace them.

but my other answer is that your amp is so metal its cold-blooded
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
It probably means that you're going to turn homosexual in a few weeks. Once you come to terms with batting for the other team they'll start flashing in time with your music.

I am fucked up tonight.

If the volume's going up and down and your tubes are glowing odd colours it sounds like one of your power tubes could be on its way out.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
It probably means that you're going to turn homosexual in a few weeks. Once you come to terms with batting for the other team they'll start flashing in time with your music.

I am fucked up tonight.

If the volume's going up and down and your tubes are glowing odd colours it sounds like one of your power tubes could be on its way out.

Sig'd

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
They are orange when on standby and blue when the amp is on. Never watched my tubes when playing so dont know about the change in color.
Quote by timi_hendrix

+1

if you hear volume fluctuations, it's usually a powertube failing issue. and now that you can see them glowing irregularly and stuff, it's basically like putting 2 and 2 together.

edit: facepalm to myself for reiterating what was just said.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008