...Completely flipped?

What I mean is today's artists become the artists that were around in 1970, and the 1970s stars are today's stars.

Yes, the artist's ages change accordingly.

How would the industry be affected?

In the next 10 years we would be hit by the full force of so many legendary bands, like Led Zeppelin, KISS, Black Sabbath...

Etc.

I know it would get messed up, because if one band was influenced by another, then the influenced band would be around before the other would influence them. But don't get THAT literal.

Would you like that? What do you think would happen? Discuss
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I wouldn't particularly like it.

Remember, we'd have to deal with disco.

current pop rock is basically equal to what disco was back then. way too high voices, never know what band is what, dumb haircuts, etc, etc.
I don't really think Classic Rock was the most popular genre back then. I think it'd really be more Earth, Wind & Fire, and Pop music.
So from 1960 - 1970 you'd have a progression from folk music to nu-metal? I'll pass.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
If that somehow miraculously happened, I would go to sooooo many concerts
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
The 70's? Hell yes! Bring back BOSTON. R.I.P Brad Delp
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Skully12
The 70's? Hell yes! Bring back BOSTON. R.I.P Brad Delp

F**K YEAH!
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Quote by Garou1911
So from 1960 - 1970 you'd have a progression from folk music to nu-metal? I'll pass.

Okay, you're being literal. We wouldn't worry about from 1960-1970, because it's 2008.
So the Beatles influenced by bands like Fall Out Boy and MCR.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by original=punk
current pop rock is basically equal to what disco was back then. way too high voices, never know what band is what, dumb haircuts, etc, etc.

Hey, I like a lot of pop- punk...

Anyway, Disco was much bigger and more annoying... I don't anticipate any parties where people get together and burn Fall Out Boy records, bad as they may or may not be.
Meh, I like today's music. Most of my favorite bands are from right about now. I don't really dig the 70s that much; I mean, Sabbath and Zep are great, but neither of them blow me away the way bands like Opeth and Muse can, or deliver the same rush I get from A7X or Children of Bodom.

*Puts up flame shield*
It will happen because a new age has dawned for those who stand long and the forests will echo with laughter.
Two words: Captain and Tenille. The 70s had a gigantic preponderance of terrible pop music that you just don't remember. It wasn't all great rock bands, those are just the only ones that stood the test of time.

I'd much rather have the music of now and listen to the Mars Volta than be stuck with ****ing Bad Company or something.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Man I miss all the 90's music more. Half of this site grew up listening to Nirvana, Soundgarden, Queens of the Stone age. Or I did at least. Grunge is my scene : D But I would love to see this time periods version of AC/DC (Bon Scott ftw!) come around.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Okay, you're being literal. We wouldn't worry about from 1960-1970, because it's 2008.

You're the one who said all our current music would be coming out back then.

So we'd have to put up with "Greatest Hits" albums featuring the likes of The Plain White Ts and Puddle of Mudd
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
kay first of all like Msu said dont get technical about it its hypothetical and anyways i think it would be kick ass because music isnt as good big a deal as it used to be which it should be it got killed by the fcc for sayin "obscene" words and rap killed it too i dont understand y but hey lets leave that to another convo! so many more bands would rise again it would be great the heavy metal hair metal days all over agian as nikki sixx wrote for crue all in the name of rock and roll this world would definitly be a much funner and less boring place and everyons ass wouldnt be so uptight like it is now thats what i think
Quote by cammo_1234
If that somehow miraculously happened, I would go to sooooo many concerts

Gotta +1 that. The only reason I'd want it to happen would be to see musicians at their prime and see the bands that I was too young to see or died before I could.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.