was told that everyone that likes fenders, and acoustic guitars are gay or confused

yes, i am speechless about this ignorant boy.

one of the stupidest things i have ever heard in my 6 months of guitar playing

oh yeah anywho....

how are "fender highway 1 strat hss?" [mouthfull]

i just saw a 750$ one and i was wondering was it american made?
and hows the humbuckers, i couldnt find some decent videos on youtube
Stupid people are stupid... that's why we ignore them.

Anyway, the Highway ones are MIA. I personally detest Fender's humbuckers, but it's otherwise a pretty quality guitar.
I play an HSS Stratocaster. The humbucker makes for a bright, warm disortion and a very bright clean channel even. I have had other strats but i like the sound from this one particulerly.

Remember! You're special! Just like everyone else!
The Highway One is American I think, but I wouldn't recommend them. They have a dull finish, not glossy, which some people like. I don't know about the buckers. I don't think there's anything wrong with em. I've played a few. They aren't too pretty, and i played a lemon one at one point. But they aren't bad guitars.

What annoys me is the people who compare Gibson and squier. "Man I just upgraded to a Les Paul studio. Fender is **** because my squier is ****."

Play a real Fender man. Play a real one.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Jul 8, 2008,
I have a Highway One and it's a pretty solid guitar.

they are always on sale, I paid $599.99 for mine at Sam Ash and I wouldn't pay more than $650.00 for one.
SRV R.I.P.
Quote by dpv
I have a Highway One and it's a pretty solid guitar.

they are always on sale, I paid $599.99 for mine at Sam Ash and I wouldn't pay more than $650.00 for one.

Ooh you have one. What type of finish is it? Like...satin or something?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
it's out of US parts assembled in USA. so it's techniclally MIA.

they used to have crappy vintage finish but now they make them with a Satin Nitrocell Lacquer finish that's nicer than most models under them.

for $750 you can get a used MIA strat, with better parts. but if you like the HW1s then that's fine.

fender humbuckers are kind of weak generally. but easy enough to swap out if ever desired.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Deluxe>American Standard>Highway1~MIJ>MIM>MIKorea

not really standing out on a limb
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by Artemis Entreri
They have a dull finish, not glossy, which some people like.

I've heard of people taking the guitar body to a buffer and if you're careful get it high gloss like any other, though I suppose you might smear it if you weren't careful.

I don't like the humbucker, but you can always do a pickup swap if you feel the same, in general they're pretty nice - I personally wouldn't pay 750 for one though.
Quote by plucky duck
Deluxe>American Standard>Highway1~MIJ>MIM>MIKorea

not really standing out on a limb

you forgot to add carvin bolts in there.

http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=BOLT
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
you forgot to add carvin bolts in there.

http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=BOLT

oh yeah! you can get an assembled Carvin bolt (with no bells and whistles) for $650
and they sell kits where you assemble them yourself for $300 (last I checked)
So if you're not decided on what you want, look around till you "fall in love"
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
hmmm

because i was looking for a strat, particularly fender, with a humbucker, and not spending too much money. any ideas on waht i can do other than swap it out?
i'd buy a used MIM HSS fender.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

If you like the tone of the Fender humbucker keep it our tastes should never effect yours. But you should check out the MIM fenders. I had one and loved it!

Shop around friend, or you might wish you did....
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
I've played a few highway ones. My advice - try out a bunch of em. As you should know, guitars vary a lot, even within the same model, and it seems to be even more so for the highway ones. I've had some which I liked, some which I wasn't crazy about and a particular one I absolutely loved. To me, the humbucker sounds just fine, but I wouldn't completely rule out switching it.

The paint is nitro, which is normally actually only found on higher end guitars, I think this is one of the cheapest models that comes with it standard. Nitro is what all pre-cbs Fenders used (about 80% on that, might wanna check it out) and because it lets the wood breathe more, it can be better for the guitars natural tone. The paint also wears a lot faster on nitro finished guitars, so if you play it a lot, it'll get that worn look very fast.

Overall, just a big +1 to "Shop Around" you may think you know what you want, but after trying a few guitars, you'll realize you may have had no idea. Or maybe you'll fall in love with the first one you pick up. Just try a bunch.
I don't know how the humbucker in the Highway One differs from the one in my MIA Standard HSS, but I'm quite fond of the tone from mine.

I was very close to getting a Highway One also, but I was put off by the delicate matte laquer finish and for the extra $250 I just went with the American Standard 3-tone sunburst), whose fiinish I just love.

I'm already becoming displeased with the factory strings though, they won't be staying on much longer.
thanks guys. i did some more research and i saw the mim hss, and the pickups were obviously different. how do they compare? ive read some reviews where people said theyre were absolute crap but ive read others where people thought itd had a nice tone. i cant really go to a guitar store as often, but when i do ill play but i justwanted your guys' insight.

thanks
I have a MIM and will just say that the HB is not all that good as mentioned but the Single Coils seem great to me. But like other guitars you need to play as many as you can at the store with OUT an amp and make sure it feels right. Also if you are not sure ask someone if the one you are playing has been set up to play yet...most are.