how do you transfer beats made on hydrogen using windows to audacity?

jym
click on project -> export song for the beat to be exported as a .wav

then just import the .wav file to audacity. Ive never used audacity but i cant see it being any more difficult than that.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Buzz is right. However, Audacity IMHO is better at mastering than doing multi-tracking/mixing. Try something like KRISTAL, Mixcraft, Reaper, or Acid to make sure that beats are lined up and arranged properly. It'll be easier to add effects and offset tracks by a certain beat (great for fresh rhythms).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
i know how to generally import into audacity. my problem is locating the file or wav. or "track" when i save on hydrogen. i click "save as" from the drop down menu and when i try and save, it tells me it is saving somewhere on my computer but its not there. i cant locate or save the file where i want. i can try and get a screen shot if my explanation isnt very clear. i guess my problem is how to correctly save a "beat" on hydrogen.

thanks alot for the info so far.
jym
i have reaper also but it really wont help if i cant save the beat correctly in hydrogen. i would use another drum program but the whole vsti/vti/gt subaru stuff really confuses me lol.

thanks again
jym
Quote by jymellis
i know how to generally import into audacity. my problem is locating the file or wav. or "track" when i save on hydrogen. i click "save as" from the drop down menu and when i try and save, it tells me it is saving somewhere on my computer but its not there. i cant locate or save the file where i want. i can try and get a screen shot if my explanation isnt very clear. i guess my problem is how to correctly save a "beat" on hydrogen.

thanks alot for the info so far.
jym

oh i see your problem now. you cant find your saved hydrogen beats.

i moved my folder because i had the same problem as you, but i think originally it should be in My Computer -> C Drive -> Program Files -> Hydrogen ?? check around there.

those files are useless to you tho as they only work in hydrogen......you need to export them as wavs or midi to use them elsewhere.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

awesome! thanks alot. if i export as midi will it appear in the same place? if not can you tell me a place to assign it to go that is easily retrievable?

jym