Ok, this is really starting to piss me off.

Firstly, explorer doesn't show on startup (I have to do it manually).

secondly, I can't run .exe programs, which i need because i want to install guitar pro.

If anyone has answers, Please help.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by jmilli2
Have you seen any Otters in the vicinity of your computer in the last 8 days?

In my non expert opinion, it sounds like you've got a virus of some sort. get an anti virus program like AVG or something and run a few scans.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
if you have vista, when you run something, run it as a administrator
happend to me when i first got vista and i couldnt figure out for a while why i couldnt run some programs
I have a standard Windows XP and the error message that comes up is "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Press OK to terminate."
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
how much hardrive space do you have and how much ram do you have. also how old is your computer/processor
It says on the front of the computer " Intel pentium 4 processor 540, 3.20ghz, 260gb hard drive - 164gb free (upgraded from 160), 512mb RAM (i think). It's about 4/5 years old.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
1: Go into DOS
2: Type "Format C:\"
3: Go grab a coffee
4: Wait some more
5: When it's finished, reboot the computer and put your windows CD in the drive
6: Install Windows (and go get another coffee)
7: Have fun re-installing all your programs
as a last resort if you can't figure out the problem, best thing to do is to re-install windows if you haven't for the 4 years you've had that computer. crap gets piled up over time.

EDIT: Guy above me beat me to it.
"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" - the Who
Please! i need to resort to something other than formattage.

My parents/I cant afford it, were trying to build a house
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
1) Sounds like a virus or trojan. Get a virus program and adaware and run several scans.

2A) run: msconfig. Go into startup and restore defaults.
2B) run:msconfig. Go into startup and make it load explorer on startup.

3) Nuke it from orbit. Re installing windows is free so how can u not afford it? If you havn't in over four years it is a good idea anyway.
Quote by Freddedonna
1: Go into DOS
2: Type "Format C:\"
3: Go grab a coffee
4: Wait some more
5: When it's finished, reboot the computer and put your windows CD in the drive
6: Install Windows (and go get another coffee)
7: Have fun re-installing all your programs

DO NOT DO THIS TS

its your ram noob, give us a screen shot of your desktop and i will tell you.

idk why people are saying to re do everything, its only a simple error. go on to microsoft website and put in that number and tell me what comes up

http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

/thread
Last edited by convictionless at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by convictionless
DO NOT DO THIS TS

its your ram noob, give us a screen shot of your desktop and i will tell you.

idk why people are saying to re do everything, its only a simple error. go on to microsoft website and put in that number and tell me what comes up

http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

/thread

I pressed the Prt scr. button but it did nothing
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Mine did this, best buy said i had 16 major trojans haha, but i found that when i loged in, i signed into a different profile first, and the explorer didnt show up, but then i logged onto the account i wanted to be on(but didnt log off the other one) and it always worked, and the explorer worked great, this was on windows xp btw, idk if its any help but it was worth a try.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
I've done three scans already, one thing showed up so i killed that motherfucker.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
I can't even Fucking upload pictures to imageshack/photobucket/ug. This is fucked.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Jul 9, 2008,
Check that your ramzor is alright (is it in its slot properly, etc.) bEcause that is very likely the problem, considering you have a 4.5 year old computer
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Woudln't i have to take apart the computer for that?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Yeah, you would. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then... your best bet is re-installing windows.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
argh. This is fucked!
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Jul 9, 2008,
I got a screen cap.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
I got a screen cap.

HOLY ****
your ram is taken up by all your icons -.-
seriosuly icons take up ram
all your folders you need to put them in your documents, basically only keep important icons on your desktop...... then try the instalsheild thing. dont open up your computer, you will do more harm than anything...
if you need help that badly, i can see alot of people on here dont exactly know what there doing so message me and i will give you my msn.
Quote by convictionless
HOLY ****
your ram is taken up by all your icons -.-
seriosuly icons take up ram
all your folders you need to put them in your documents, basically only keep important icons on your desktop...... then try the instalsheild thing. dont open up your computer, you will do more harm than anything...
if you need help that badly, i can see alot of people on here dont exactly know what there doing so message me and i will give you my msn.

What do you mean by don't open up your computer?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
What do you mean by don't open up your computer?

like dont open up the back and look at the ram, if it became loose SOMEHOW your computer would crash cause obviosuly it would only have one stick or maybe two of ram and 128 isnt enough to run a computer by its self. seriosuly send me a message and i will help you though the power of msn
Quote by convictionless
like dont open up the back and look at the ram, if it became loose SOMEHOW your computer would crash cause obviosuly it would only have one stick or maybe two of ram and 128 isnt enough to run a computer by its self. seriosuly send me a message and i will help you though the power of msn

Okay, ram falling out won't damage the computer... if you're smart enough to turn it off and lay it on its side, the RAM falling out will do no damage. Just put it back in. And not all sticks of RAM are 128MB...
Quote by convictionless

Oh, of course. I'm not going to open it. I'd let someone who actually knows what theyre doing.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.