Poll: which
Poll Options
View poll results: which
line6 flextone
14 48%
peavey classic 30
15 52%
Voters: 29.
Basically, im getting a new amp agust, its either gonna be a flextone or a classic 30.

I ll be playing mostly alt. rock like paramore, yellowcard..bla bla bla, classic rock (led zep, acdc, VH.) and i really like the versitility of a flextone.

Im aware the flexy isnt 100% there w. the tones but the rectifier model seem to get very close to a rec on low volume (look on youtube) and my favorite amp of all time is a rectifier.

Im also getting an epi VJ and putting a master vol knob on it for those ZEP and ACDC tones, and i already have a VK.

Pretty much just wondering if i will be a good move to get the flextone for those bands.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Schecter c-1 FR prototype (for sale)
Squier strat

VOTE FOR MY BAND TO PLAY WARPED TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.battleofthebands/darkestbeforedawn
well i agree with the gibson sg special being the best guitar ever made.
Dude...

The classic 30 is going to sound much better for what you're playing. Mine can get damn close to the Brown sound with the preamp gain all the way up

Why dont you just retube and swap the speaker on the VK? you dont need to go out of your way for all this. Search around for VK mods and you'll find a multitude that will get you much closer to your tone than a new amp will kill on your wallet.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Dude...

The classic 30 is going to sound much better for what you're playing. Mine can get damn close to the Brown sound with the preamp gain all the way up

Why dont you just retube and swap the speaker on the VK? you dont need to go out of your way for all this. Search around for VK mods and you'll find a multitude that will get you much closer to your tone than a new amp will kill on your wallet.

I like this, unless you're absolutely disgusted by the VK. I agree the the C30 can do the genres you want, but it's not gonna do any rectifier tones. For some rec tones on the cheap maybe try a peavey XXX or a b-52 at112.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Save your money and just mod the Valveking. It'll save you the hassle of moving all those amps around.

Or you could buy the Classic 30 and A/B between the VK and the C30.

Don't get the Flextone unless you want a wide variety of tones with no distinct success at one particular tone - although the Flextone is a great modeler.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The general consensus seems to be go with a classic 30 for the classic stuff. I don't know firsthand, but I bet with EQ and overdrive pedals you could get most of that alternative stuff.

And the Flextone? aww man SS? I'll bet you'll want to crank that new amp at some point, and the Flextone sure won't sound pretty doing that.

Idk. I tried. Good luck w/ getting new amp
the reason i looked at the flextone is because i will be doing alot of bedroom and late night jamming and cant do a tube amp justice at those times.

On a second note:Marshall jcm 2000 Dsl or peavey classic 30 for slash lead sounds?
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

Quote by guitarbite.fire
the reason i looked at the flextone is because i will be doing alot of bedroom and late night jamming and cant do a tube amp justice at those times.

On a second note:Marshall jcm 2000 Dsl or peavey classic 30 for slash lead sounds?

JCM2000 cant touch the C30 as far as classic marshally (ironically) overdrive goes. Its chock full of that. Dude

You have a VALVEKING. It should have enough gain to do whatever you ask of it
Just swap the tubes and/or the speaker and it will get you STRAIGHT THERE!
Quote by oggiedoggy

And the Flextone? aww man SS? I'll bet you'll want to crank that new amp at some point, and the Flextone sure won't sound pretty doing that.

Idk. I tried. Good luck w/ getting new amp

Add a cab, and the flextone goes to 150 watts. I own one, along with some amazing tube amps, and I use the flextone III at practice, small to medium shows, late night practice.

150 SS watts is plenty of volume. Don't knock it till you've tried it...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Highwaytohell
JCM2000 cant touch the C30 as far as classic marshally (ironically) overdrive goes. Its chock full of that. Dude

You have a VALVEKING. It should have enough gain to do whatever you ask of it
Just swap the tubes and/or the speaker and it will get you STRAIGHT THERE!

Its not gain that i want, its tone.

I still think im leaning a bit toward the flextone because it seems to capture most of the tone from the amps it models and i will be playing quitely 70% of the time i play, so i cant be cranking anything all the time.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sell the Valveking and VJ and add that money to your budget and look for a used Vetta.

That, is not a bad idea. The Vetta would possibly slay the VK in the gain department AND do classic rock very, very good
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Who the hell recommend the Line 6?
Obviously they're too ashamed to post a reply :p

The C30 destroys the Line 6.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
a line 6 spider ? or a line 6 flextone, i dont really want to sell my vk for sentimental reasons though.
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat

That's a hard choice. The Flextone is a real nice SS/modeling amp with tons of tones, But on the other hand, the classic probably kills it in cleans and older rock.
Hmm...
I say try both out and see what sounds best to you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sell the Valveking and VJ and add that money to your budget and look for a used Peavey JSX or Mesa F-50. Possibly a used Vetta.

Brilliant, though if he gets the JSX or F-50 I'd keep the VJ... a nice classic rock OD is the hardest thing to get out of 'em.

The Vetta's lovely, though.
Oh and yeah, if you could in some way get the cash for a vetta...

Do get one please. Those are super nice amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by chase312

Bandwagon hopper are we?

We're talking about the Flextone series.

nub muffin
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by chase312

i did.

it's better for his purposes.
Whoever recommended modding the Valveking, congratulations, you win this:

It's a tough choice between the Classic and Flextone, but I'd go for the Classic 30. The Flextone just has a graininess to the sound that really puts me off, the Classic sounds better at what it does, which mostly fits with what you want it for. And skip buying a VJ, the classic will destroy it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music

Nice, Tim
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
you want versatility ? get a flextone.

u only want good clean a old school od ? c 30

u do something whit the valveking? well ur a ****ing dumbass then.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Quote by guitarbite.fire
Its not gain that i want, its tone.

I still think im leaning a bit toward the flextone because it seems to capture most of the tone from the amps it models and i will be playing quitely 70% of the time i play, so i cant be cranking anything all the time.

i have a classic 30 and i love it. it does everything you want very nicely. depending on your tastes for alt music, you may want an overdrive. you may not though.

BUT.....i played a flextone for a few hours because my friend has one. it sounds really good at low volumes. i didnt like it at all at high volumes. could be the speaker, could just be the amp and how it is, but i didnt like it. if i was playing really low most of the time, the flextone would probably be my pick.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I tried one today at lunch just so I could post in this. (OK, I had to pick up a footswitch for my amp but...) It wasn't a bad amp. I wouldn't use all the knobby knobs, but that's just me. They were fun to mess with and I got some good tones out of the amp. For bedroom use it would be good. But that's what my Da5 is for.
I said the following earlier today and I think it applies here too. If you can't get good tone from a Classic 30 at low volumes, try piano.
I've played the Flex live and really struggled, it has no SOUL
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
my old guitar teacher uses a flextone. he needs the versatility.
there is no one this thread who can sound better through ANY amp than he does with his Line 6. its in the fingers.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
i'd prolly have to say C30. as versatile as the flex is, and as good an SS as it may be....Tube OD is the greatest thing in the world
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
thanks for all the attention and replys, yesterday i wired up my friends cab and learnd alot, so im gonna go for an orange tiny terror and run it through my VK speaker!
bugera 333xl (for sale)
B-52 4x12 cab
Squier strat