Hi guy, I'm new to UG in terms of community but have read many articles have looked at many tabs.

I recently started playing guitar about 5 months ago and I feel that I am slowly starting to understand the guitar as an instrument whole. I am working on scales, speed, accuracy and theory as well as learning some songs as I go. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say I'm at a 3.

I told myself, once I get better, that I would get a better amp to help encourage more practicing and to enjoy it even more of course. Right now I am using a Rok Axe RGA-10.

I really don't know too much about Amps and was hoping the community here could fill me in.

My budget can go around 300 max I hope. I like to play on amp that focuses on classic rock. Some of the more prominent sounds are Chuck Berry, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, GNR, Poison, and so on. So I'd like to get an amp thats all-around. I will also be moving into another apartment soon for college so sound levels cannot be too high. My guitar right now is an Ibanez RG-170. I hope to later buy a new one but I'd like to keep this for now.

So any help would be appreciated. I'm sure this question has been asked before so I am sorry if this question is being repeated.

Thanks,
Freedomfries491
umm get a big amp... theres a special thing called a volume button so it doesnt matter how big it is.
Get a Roland Microcube.

Or if you're willing to save up a bit more, maybe get a Vox Valvetronix AD30.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
300 you might be able to snag a used C30

But at your practice level, a blackheart or an Epi Vj might be in order... Palmino V16 or the lower wattage crate v-series...
Quote by Highwaytohell
300 you might be able to snag a used C30

But at your practice level, a blackheart or an Epi Vj might be in order... Palmino V16 or the lower wattage crate v-series...

+1 to everything.

Don't forget to try everything you can first. The vox and the cube would be good to look at as well if you want to experiment with a lot of tones and effects.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
thanks for the help so far guys

is it possible to try amps out in the stores? or does listening to other demos do enough justice?
Play them yourself if at all possible. You have no idea how much post eqing went in to those demos.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
do normal music/guitar stores carry these amps? I'm not sure if in my area if we have any real dedicated guitar stores that would carry these brand of amps..

but if i am not able to try before i buy, would i be at a possible loss with these amps that were suggested to me?

thanks