Page 1 of 3
He has got a point. I'm a Christian and I still respect other people's beliefs.

I thought the Army was a secular organisation?
That's weird, I didn't know the military was like that. Christian oriented, I mean.

EDIT: Then I again I dunno, maybe that was just his company.
We're only strays.
Quote by rifftnstrings
Fuck the military.

You're not serious... right?
Quote by fob12
You're not serious... right?

I think he is

fuck the military
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Yes!! Eff the military because I lack understanding and pass judgment on things I could not possibly have true knowledge about!!
We're only strays.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I think he is

fuck the military
So they hurt a kids feelings, and now the military should go to hell? It's a sad day when the sacrifices they make are taken for granted.
Quote by rifftnstrings
Fuck the military.

You're an idiot. Would you rather that your country had no military?
No one to defend your home?
Of course the army is Christian. Say what you want, but the army definitely looks down upon non-Christians. I'm not just talking about people who serve in the American army, either. The vast majority of Americans look down upon anyone who isn't Christian, so when we invade Islamic nations, we don't understand and don't care to understand their culture or beliefs.

Of course I'm generalizing a bit, but religious nuts piss me off.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Bleh, I think it was kinda dumb to sue.

"Hall said there is a pattern of discrimination against non-Christians in the military."

And everywhere else, I'm pretty much one of the only athiests in my school and I'm always taking **** about it.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by fob12
So they hurt a kids feelings, and now the military should go to hell? It's a sad day when the sacrifices they make are taken for granted.

thats life for you

if it was the other way around, a secular institution trying impose their beliefs on a Christian the tone would be absolutely different

I refuseto support the organization known as themilitary because I don't condone the actions they have taken

I support our troops, but not the military
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by nosushi4you
Of course the army is Christian. Say what you want, but the army definitely looks down upon non-Christians. I'm not just talking about people who serve in the American army, either. The vast majority of Americans look down upon anyone who isn't Christian, so when we invade Islamic nations, we don't understand and don't care to understand their culture or beliefs.

Of course I'm generalizing a bit, but religious nuts piss me off.

A bit? They're risking their lives, everything they have, to keep this country free. Yeah, the army is Christian based, and let me tell you that's a Christian trait to be selfless like they, but they do it to keep freedom in America, that includes freedom of religion. And in case you don't remember 9/11, we have good reason to be attacking these terrorists. (I'm not saying arabians are terrorists, I don't care where they're from, they messed with the wrong country)
How is he acting like a brat? Religion isn't supposed to have any weight on anything in the military.
His reason is just and I think he did the right thing. It's not like he's even trying to just get money like most people.
Quote by fob12

They are sacrificing their lives for the Iraqi people, not the American people, IMO.
Quote by fob12
A bit? They're risking their lives, everything they have, to keep this country free. Yeah, the army is Christian based, and let me tell you that's a Christian trait to be selfless like they, but they do it to keep freedom in America, that includes freedom of religion. And in case you don't remember 9/11, we have good reason to be attacking these terrorists. (I'm not saying arabians are terrorists, I don't care where they're from, they messed with the wrong country)

it's more like, America messed with the wrong country but yea i do agree with you to some extent.

the fact that this kid is suing is ironic considering that he's working for a country who's politicians don't hold much store in their own constitution and is fighting an unconstitutional war yet he's pleading that his constitutional rights are being taken away.

funny
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
His sudden lack of faith, he said, cost him his military career and put his life at risk. Hall said his life was threatened by other troops and the military assigned a full-time bodyguard to protect him out of fear for his safety.

If this is true, he's not being a brat at all. Those are perfectly good grounds for a lawsuit.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Quote by iforgot539
If this is true, he's not being a brat at all. Those are perfectly good grounds for a lawsuit.

so he should sue those who tried to hurt him not the military itself.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
it's more like, America messed with the wrong country but yea i do agree with you to some extent.

the fact that this kid is suing is ironic considering that he's working for a country who's politicians don't hold much store in their own constitution and is fighting an unconstitutional war yet he's pleading that his constitutional rights are being taken away.

funny
The whole thing is very ironic indeed.

And he is being whiny about this. What does he expect to gain from suing the military? If it weren't for them, he wouldn't have the freedom to sue over his right to choose his own beliefs.
Quote by iforgot539

Yeah. If that happened at my job, I'd sue the company. His life is at risk, and it's the army who was targeting him!
Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
Quote by fob12

It's not just a Christian trait. Those Arabians that we're fighting also belong to a peaceful religion.

I'm not necessarily talking about the soldiers in the military, but the people who run it.

There's the whole issue of gays in the military, as well. The only reason they have a problem with it is because it supposedly goes against Christianity and the bible.

Funny thing, I don't remember Iraq having anything to do with 9/11. They didn't mess with the wrong country. Osama Bin Laden was not backed by any country in particular, so cut it out with the whole "We're America! We can attack any country we want!" crap.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by Article
"I was told because I can't put my personal beliefs aside and pray with troops I wouldn't make a good leader," Hall said.

How hypocritical. Religion does not belong in the military, yet the one without it has to put aside his beliefs. Ridiculous.
I think the reason that this guy was told that he wouldn't make a good leader if he refused to pray with the other troops is that if you willfully separate yourself from the other members of a unit in that kind of way, it alienates the other members of the unit. I think that it actually would make him a less effective leader.

He can keep his beliefs, but he can at least BS the praying.
The medium is the message!
Quote by nosushi4you

Funny thing, I don't remember Iraq having anything to do with 9/11. They didn't mess with the wrong country. Osama Bin Laden was not backed by any country in particular, so cut it out with the whole "We're America! We can attack any country we want!" crap.

you misunderstood

America's previous involment in the Middle East is what envoked those middle eastern terrorists to attack the U.S.

then the U.S. used the attack as justification to invade the middle east. Osama Bin Laden was backed by his group of terrorists who all happen to reside in the Middle East in the countries we invaded.

Iraq is a different story. We went in their for oil and we brought down a dictator in the process only our officials decided to lie about it. the whole war itself isn't so terrible, but the fact that they lied about their reasoning is.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by nosushi4you
It's not just a Christian trait. Those Arabians that we're fighting also belong to a peaceful religion.

I'm not necessarily talking about the soldiers in the military, but the people who run it.

There's the whole issue of gays in the military, as well. The only reason they have a problem with it is because it supposedly goes against Christianity and the bible.

Terrorists are everywhere there, who all have the same agenda against America and we're stopping them. We're not butchering people in the streets of Iraq, we're helping the innocent make a country of their own with no dictatorship and we're doing that along the way of taking care of our problem because we aren't dickheads who only think of our own country.
Quote by fob12
Terrorists are everywhere there, who all have the same agenda against America and we're stopping them. We're not butchering people in the streets of Iraq, we're helping the innocent make a country of their own with no dictatorship and we're doing that along the way of taking care of our problem because we aren't dickheads who only think of our own country.

Perhaps if you could handle your own country it wouldn't be such a big deal.
Quote by telemetal
You're an idiot. Would you rather that your country had no military?
No one to defend your home?

I think he's saying something more like "**** how the military is being run."
Quote by fob12

yes we are to be honeast.

we're in there currently for economic gain. the only time's we've ever involved ourselves in war is for economic gain and that's sad to say.

America would be so much better if it just kept to itself, neutral with no involvment anywhere else.

but unless Ron Paul is elected, that won't seem to happen.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Mudmen190
Perhaps if you could handle your own country it wouldn't be such a big deal.

They just serve and protect.
Quote by fob12
They just serve and protect.

Those who pay them
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Waterboy799
so he should sue those who tried to hurt him not the military itself.

Considering he only wants the guarantee of freedom within the military, I think suing the military is a good idea.
Quote by Mudmen190
Fixed.
I don't understand how people like you think. It's not the Army's fault that our politicians and leaders don't know what they're doing.
Quote by fob12

It's not our place to tear down governments. There are dictator countries all over the world, yet we chose Iraq because:
1.) It has oil
and
2.) Desert Storm was a failure and Bush wanted to finish what his daddy started.

We've created more violence there than we've stopped. Innocent people are getting butchered. Things were bad under Saddam, but at least he kept the Sunnis and Shiites under control most of the time.
Quote by Waterboy799
you misunderstood

America's previous involment in the Middle East is what envoked those middle eastern terrorists to attack the U.S.

then the U.S. used the attack as justification to invade the middle east. Osama Bin Laden was backed by his group of terrorists who all happen to reside in the Middle East in the countries we invaded.

Iraq is a different story. We went in their for oil and we brought down a dictator in the process only our officials decided to lie about it. the whole war itself isn't so terrible, but the fact that they lied about their reasoning is.

Desert Storm was bullshit, too, so it all comes down to the U.S. making bad decisions under Bush.

Iraq is a terrible and useless war (although it technically isn't a war, since was hasn't been declared.) There was no point to it, besides America wanting more control over the oil market. The fact that we were lied to is just bullshit icing on top of the bullshit cake that is the Bush presidency.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Those who pay them

who would be the American people through taxes, yes that's the function of an army

Quote by nosushi4you

Desert Storm was bullshit, too, so it all comes down to the U.S. making bad decisions under Bush.

Iraq is a terrible and useless war (although it technically isn't a war, since was hasn't been declared.) There was no point to it, besides America wanting more control over the oil market. The fact that we were lied to is just bullshit icing on top of the bullshit cake that is the Bush presidency.

it's all about the economy. Economic Gain is the reason we're there. we need oil, they have it and won't give so we go and take it by force. Bush's decisions aren't bad decisions, but good decisions executed in an unorthodox fashion. Bush isn't the first president to go to war for economic gain and certainly he won't be the last.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 8, 2008,
Quote by Waterboy799
who would be the American people through taxes, yes that's the function of an army

No
we pay taxes to the government
With our money tehy do waht they want
we cant not pay them
we cant really tell them what to do,because congress will lobby against it(or for it if it suits the purpose)
so we're not really paying the army to serve and protect
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Guys terrorism is an idea, not a bunch of people that are hiding in caves and cities. Iraq is a no-win war that could go on for ages. All the bullets in the world could be shot but you can't kill terrorism without peace.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Page 1 of 3