Hey,
I just purchased a brand new Ibanez SV5470 2008 edition, and I must say it is one fine guitar. The only problem is, I cant get the strings to hold a tuning at all, I try and go down to Drop C for example, I'll tune one string and then after I'm done the next I go back to the one before and it's completely out of tune?
Is anyone experiencing the same problems or know how to fix it? I need help FAST please!
It's got a Floyd, silly!

You can't really do alternate tunings unless you 'calibrate' the bridge... and then you can't go back to standard unless you do another massive setup.

EDIT: Playing just in standard should fix your problem.
is the guitar set up and intonated for drop C?
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Listen to roshjosh. Guitars with floyd rose tremelos aren't good for lots of tuning changes.
i see so many people that buy FRs with no research, who is picking all these kids up and dropping them on their heads?
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^
Quote by roshjosh
It's got a Floyd, silly!

You can't really do alternate tunings unless you 'calibrate' the bridge... and then you can't go back to standard unless you do another massive setup.

EDIT: Playing just in standard should fix your problem.

True but, I've been able to set up my Floyd Rose in 1 step down, but I had to make some changes so I may have "calibrated" it. Then again I have the Jackson licensed Floyd Rose.
I dont know... i have a floyd on my Jackson KE3 with a very very low action and it plays beautiful from E standard to even A#.
Then again i have medium-high-gauge strings.

Check your strings.
Quote by Hhero
I dont know... i have a floyd on my Jackson KE3 with a very very low action and it plays beautiful from E standard to even A#.
Then again i have medium-high-gauge strings.

Check your strings.

Without adjusting your spring tension and other things? If that's the case then you either do not have a floyd rose or you are lying.