So im getting a line 6 spider but i am also gettin yet another guitar, the title explains the budget, i want a flying v and thats what im gonna get but i would like some suggestions on different Vs, id really like to get a jackson king v but i dont know if ill have enough so here are my questions 1.do i have enough for a jackson king v and 2. are there any other good Vs out there i should look into and try
Look up the new Schecter Hellraiser V's. They look extremely nice, and are below $1200

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=515918
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I wouldnt recomend getting a spider 3. THis is coming from someone who owns one not some tube amp snob. Get a vox valvetronix
do you have another amp in addition to the spider? or do you not really care about tone?

I have a bunch of guitars, too, but I made sure to get a really good amp before getting any new guitars.

Kinda off topic, and no offense or anything. Just curious.
_______
|||||||||||||||
i own one too. it depends on the model you get. none of them have real good tube clarity and warmth, but any of them above the Spider 3 75w isnt too bad. there very versatile, the amp models come in handy, so do all of the effects, but everythign sounds a bit digital
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
If you're going for a modelling amp (There's nothing wrong with them) go for a Vox Valvetronix, or even a Roland Cube (Very fun, and some great tones)...

As for a $1200 budget... That's a great lump of cash... Go to a store and just try stuff out!
Whoa... it just hit me that all three people who replied are from MD/VA. SWEET! We're taking over the board!!

EDIT: I type too slow, apparently... dammit.
_______
|||||||||||||||
I would stay far away from a Spider III. I did what you are about to, and bought a nice guitar and had a spider 3. Took me a month to realise that no matter what guitar you have, if you put it through a bad amp its gonna sound bad. Spend the money on a new amp and slightly cheaper guitar, or at least realise that in order to gain max appreciation from a more expensive guitar you need a decent amp that can let you hear the guitar. Does't have to be a Mesa Roadking. I'm a fan of the Epi VJ (tube) and Blackheart but there are Solid State amps that don't kill tone like the Spider does.
Quote by dannyisokay
do you have another amp in addition to the spider? or do you not really care about tone?

I have a bunch of guitars, too, but I made sure to get a really good amp before getting any new guitars.

Kinda off topic, and no offense or anything. Just curious.

Dude what color is your SG-X?
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Dude what color is your SG-X?

Coral (peach/pinkish color). If you wanna ask about them, though, you should probably PM me because I don't wanna eff up this guy's thread.
_______
|||||||||||||||
well im still searching for an amp, but l really at the moment am concerned with geetars.