I'm going to rebuil My Kay it is a second hand guitar i got when i was 13 but it was my first guitar and its been through alot with me and i want it to come alive again

I have completely gutted it out and Im planning on repainting it. I've already looked up how to do that and my dad is a painter so i think ill manage that but after Im not sure where to go there is a slight buzz in the fret board at the 2nd fret Is there anyway to fix that with out buying a new neck ???

After that where do i go from there Electronics...?? I have money for this and Im will to put alot of time in it. I have a pretty good knowledge of guitars and there parts but this is my first rebuild any help would be great Thanks!!!!
I guess you could have a new fret put in on the 2nd? Depends on what sound you're looking for.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Any Idea on how to do that. also If any know like a list of parts mostly higher end that i could use for the different parts???? Its a strat body by the way
If you know a music shop with a good repair center, they could probably do it.
Again, for the hardware, it's all about what look and sound you're after. What's the pickup layout?
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

I want a blues sound something close to david gilmour or john mayer I already have a Metal guitar that i use but i want this one for everything else Also i want some sort of whammy or temolo ?? thanks I can post picture If need and when im done also any idea for a paint job design or pick gaurd
A bigsby b5 for the trem. Those are around 100 for a nickel plated here. As for the blues sound, just ask around, search google.
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master

Does any one have any idea about a paint job, aslo during the wiring can i buy the parts already together and put them in place or do i need to go part by part
Here's a good blues pickup. You can buy a pre-wired pickup, too.
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master

And for the paint job, it depends what method of painting and finish you want. Do you want a burst paint job? A bare wood job?
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master

thanks for the Help Ill post more through out the project If there are any more ideas let me have them haha thanks thought !!!! =D

For serious, Guitar ReRanch may very well become your bestest friend.
DIO FOREVER
So ive sanded the guitar primered it and applyed the first few coats its gloss blacy with a maple fret board color for a pick gaurd?
Pics? I'd say tortoise, pearl, or white
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master

So its going to be white Gloss white with a black pick gaurd and the japanese symbol for peace on the back, on the face plate where the springs are that will be in black ???what do you think??
Sounds good. Go with gold hardware, though. That always looks good.
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master