Just wondering how much a cheap 8 string bass would be (Like a 12 string guitar, but a bass) and if anyone has any experience with them. Can anyone help?
For around $400 you can get an ESP one with active electronics. Dean also makes some inexpensive ones. If you're feeling brave and want a piece of crap, look up Starfire in eBay. I bought an 8-string from them in auction. I eventually gave it away because it's presence was polluting my guitar rack.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
my cousins boyfriend has one and he let me use it for a little bit and i honestly didnt love it. like it was fun and all but i didnt find the need for the chorus effect it creates since you rarely use like chords on bass. RHCP sounded pretty cool on it but then i tried some zeppelin and i didnt like the way it sounded. i guess it depends on what your gonna play.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by burgurhead1812
my cousins boyfriend has one and he let me use it for a little bit and i honestly didnt love it. like it was fun and all but i didnt find the need for the chorus effect it creates since you rarely use like chords on bass. RHCP sounded pretty cool on it but then i tried some zeppelin and i didnt like the way it sounded. i guess it depends on what your gonna play.

Yeah, The band I'm in at the moment is Sort of Like tool, but Grungier, so I thought the chords might sound good, but I'd have to see....
Also, I play pretty much only in drop D, so would that be bad? and are strings hard to find?
Strings usually are not a problem as most sizes are available at most guitar stores. I dont think ive ever seen a string pack for an 8string though, but ive seen singles of every size you could need.
The 8 string dean was the only nice dean I've ever played in my life.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by burgurhead1812

I think JPJ would disagree with you there.

I played a dean one once, can't remember the model it had EMG-HZ pickups though, that was quite nice.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2