so. i go to a high school in new jersey. this past year has been terrible for everyone in the school. back in december, we had someone die in a drunk driving accident. on the night of his funeral, another student died, being hit by a drunk driver. and on monday, july 7th, a dear friend of mine who had just graduated 2 weeks before was hit by a speeding car while riding his bicycle. his parents took him off life support while he was in a coma in the hospital.

the town i live it rarely has stuff like this happen, we had our first high school death in many years. all three of the students we're graduating this year, all three students had great futures ahead of them. has anyone else ever had something like this happen around them, and knows what it feels like? its just so surreal and hard to believe, but when you finally realize it...its insane...

sorry for posting this here if you dont care, flame away if you must, i wont check back. but just soak it in and think about it if you do read it.
I think death has a kill design for the students at your school
Vivamus mea Lesbia, atque amemus,
rumoresque senum seueriorum
omnes unius aestimemus assis!
That sucks, man.

But it might be kind of hard for people to take you seriously with a username like assparade69.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Sorry bro. I carried way too many of my friends to their grave. two in high school and several since. the only advice i can give you is, Live each day to the fullest. Always tell those you care about that you care.

Remember! You're special! Just like everyone else!
Yeah, this year has been hard on us. It just doesn't seem fair that they had to go not living the rest of their lives. I didn't know the kid who died recently that well, but I had seen him around school and he always seemed like a nice kid. My thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.
(Yes, I go to the same school and know the TS.)
wow i would have never guessed that post came from someone with that username
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
i know what you mean man, back when i was in HS each year someone died, one of wich was a family friend. it sucks.
i agree with stratologist man... i had a couple of friends die recently too and it really sucks dude its grief man but you really do have to live to the fullest
****ty things happen, thre's no avoiding them sometimes , i've had an aweful few weeks myself, sorry for your loss man, I definitely understand the surreal part of the whole thing.
Quote by Zeppelin256
That sucks, man.

But it might be kind of hard for people to take you seriously with a username like assparade69.

well, a few months ago, around february 14th i think, a friend of mine was in a car crash, he was with another dude (which i've only seen at his band's myspace) and he died, his face was completely mutilated...

altough i didn't know the guy personally, my best friend knew him, and she felt terrible about it, it made me think how delicate life is
A girl in my grade died back in January, and to this day nobody knows how she died. Lots of people from my school went to her funeral, which apparently was an open-casket one. I would've went, but I was busy that day.
my dad pretty much died in a motorcycle wreck 2weeks or so ago, he's only just now getting out of intensive care, and won't be out of the hospital for months. it's crazy how that **** springs on you (we're a motorcycling family)
its moorestown...if that clears anything up. and i feel pain for you, those of you who know what im talking about. its really terrible.
Quote by assparade69
its moorestown...if that clears anything up. and i feel pain for you, those of you who know what im talking about. its really terrible.

ahhh, cherry hill ftw.
in a way... i kinda know what you're talking about. You feel dead inside, like you never did and arent going to feel happy again. you think, "how did all of this happen?" honestly, i dont have your answer for you. there is no answer. it's life. i dont know what you believe, but i believe everyone has a time, and no matter when that time is, it's the right time, and they were taken for a reason. I'm sorry if this wasn't really the comforting answer you were looking for. i've had a lot of personal experiences that made me feel this way, so i know where you're coming from. my thoughts and prayers go to you and your school, as well as the three that died.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Last year around christmas time our band had been looking for a new rythm guitarist. We knew there was one kid that was a year younger than me tat played guitar so we asked if he would join and he accepted. So then a couple of months later we had done a few gigs with him in the band and we were starting to acually become great friends.

But then he didnt come to practise for about one and a half weeks and didnt answer the phone. Until we whent to his place and asked to come in. His mother said that it was ok for s to come in. SO anyway when we came into his room he was laying on the bed staring into the wall. We said hello and he replied with a low hello. We then asked:
-Dave what the hell is wrong?
He then turned to us with tears in his eyes and and after a few minutes answered:
-I have a malignant toumor. and only have a month to live.
We all whent completly frozen it was surreal. I mean, how the hell did he manage to be so up front with it?

So three days after that he whent to the hospital. Where we visited him almost everyday, by this time we were like brothers. so after about a week of treatment he were showing no sínes of improvemet. We had became a big supporting role for him and his mother(The father left them while he was 3). SO one night at aound 8 PM his mother called my cellphone and told us to come to the hospital quickly. We rushed to the hospital and when we got there we wre confronted with a doctor saying:
-Are you the boys friends?
We answered yes and he replied:
- Im sorry but he does not have much time left, He has been given a private room. a nurse will show you the way.
We were taken to the room where he was laying with none of the tubes or needles he had before,only the machine that showed his heart.

His mother was crying and we all hugged her and sat down beside our friend. A doctor came in to the room, and asked if we wanted anything. noone ofcourse wanted anything. By this time i was shaking and was scared to death. For hours we sat there, noone said anything. And then 03:27 AM he was pronounced dead. When it happened it felt like everything dissapeared i whent into a state where i wasnt in the room, i could not believe what had just happened. Everyone else started crying while i just sat there staring into mid air.

I did not say a word to anyone for 6 days until after his funeral we were at the studio and was going to get his gear back to his house. I dont know why but it was at this moment i think i first realised he was not coming back. My bassist came into the room and that was the first time cried in nearl 5 years. When we brought everything back to his mom she thanked us and we leaved because there were only family there and we wouldnt want to interrupt their mourning. I didnt sleep one second that night. The night after me and the band sat ontop one of the highest rooftops in the city looking at the stars and talking about or friend, sharing the memories we had. Sure we had not known him for a long tim only a year and a half but he had become like a brother to us. This whole event made me appreciate my life more and started living ever second of my life. I stopped being only alive and started living i started talking to people more i started to appreaciate people more i started showing alot more and not just shutting everything in(Not turning emo tohugh and crying over everything). We always give a prayer for Thomas before every gig,practise or jam. And in some way we know he is still there with us playing keeping the bassplayer from hogging all the background music while i solo. We will never forget him he was always happy and never betrayed you. He was not just a band member he was a friend that we all took for granted.

We miss you Thomas 1992-2007 R.I.P

I needed write that, thank you.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

I've been actually thinking lately about how there's a real strange vibe in the air. There seems to be a lot of death happening around me and after reading this thread it seems like this is going on in other places too. There are no words to describe it and really there doesn't need to be. It's definitely a lot to take in but I keep getting this feeling like there's more to come. I hate it.
Comfort the Disturbed, Disturb the Comfortable
Quote by Zeppelin256
That sucks, man.

Voodoo Fest 2008 <3

Quote by DieGarbageMan
SILENCE.

SURSKIT DECIDES YOUR GENDER NOW.
This year was the first year in my entire high school career that no one's died.

When I was a freshman, a kid in my grade died of cancer.

When I was a sophomore, two seniors were doing drugs; one thought that he had made the other overdose, and shot himself. His friend hadn't overdosed--he was fine.

When I was a junior, two seniors were driving a car, drunk, during a rainstorm. The car skidded off the road into a tree, calling the passenger. The driver is now facing manslaughter charges, and was recently sentenced to a good few years in prison.

This year. Nothing's happened.

Chin up. Things will get better.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Firebrand
You Know Gord@K, hell of a story. Sorry man, that makes me hurt

Thanks man.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Sort of know.

Nothing to do with drunk driving, but a guy in my year at college died like a month ago. He was on his motorbike. He didn't even make it to 18. Proper nice lad as well.
Didn't know him that well but it hit everyone so hard.

R.I.P.

EDIT:
Quote by Firebrand
You Know Gord@K, hell of a story. Sorry man, that makes me hurt

****.... yeah

I hate this D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
dude death sucks
my grandmother died last week and my dad killed himself 2 years ago on thanksgiving night.
i hate death
Quote by Gord@k
Thanks man.

Yeah dude, you have my empathy, sympathy and any other type of pathy that exists.

.../lame attempt at cheering you up.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Man.....Gord@k's story made my eyes well up.....makes me not want to read anymore of this and just go out and spend time with friends and family.....
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Just wanna say thanks to everyones supporting replies. Thanks.
My gear:
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Malekko Chicklett

Wow, a very similer thing happened at my school the last year or so also; there were multiple teenage deaths in the city between the two high schools.
First, a guy that just graduated (07') was killed in a car crash, then there was a kid who commited suicide from the other high school. Then, there was a guy who was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor, who became very sick, eventually dying earlier this year. Also, there was a guy who died of an aneurysm earlier this year, who had been a grade ahead of me in school since grade 6... he died in his sleep though, so at least he didn't suffer... bad year. None of it seems real.