Hey uys what's up? Ok so I have a Ibanez RG120 series guitar. It has been very good to me for the past couple of years or so. But I want to put new pickups in it. I'm not sure of the current ones that are installed already, but I was looking at the EMG ones. And i'm pretty sure those are the ones I will buy and put in. Are there any pickups that are 'better'. I'm looking for a nice heavy sound, but a also a nice clean sound. And thats what i hear the EMGs are known for. I just don't know if there is anything better out there.
please delete the other thread about this. what is your amp first? what do you dislike about your current tone?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
lol, emg's, nice clean sound.

exception to the 60
and +1 to what your current amp is.
Quote by espplayer400
just please dont turn to the sd blackout ripoff, dont even think about it, just no

IMO the SD blackout is better and yes i have tryed both on 3 Different TUBE halfstacks so dont bitch about "Oh He HaS MaRsHalL Mg LoL!!!11!!!" the cleans on the Blackouts arnt Distorted as i thought they were but then again people have there own tastes so what i suggest is u try both if your wanting to go to active pickups

i also see thet Schecter has now added the Blackjack C-1s which has Blackouts in them to there list so trying both the EMG 1 and the Blackout 1 would help u choose between the two as they are Exactly the same guitar but with 1 with blackouts other then EMGs
s('-^)-b
Emg 81 + 60 @ 18v Ftw.

Edit: Yes, we need to know your amp first. Tbh, it sounds like you're doing the "OMFG WOW TEH EMGS". Don't get me wrong, I LOVE EMGs, but I've tried a lot of other pickups. Do your research first - you might find that something like an SD SH-6 gives you what you need.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Emg 81 + 60 @ 18v Ftw.

Edit: Yes, we need to know your amp first. Tbh, it sounds like you're doing the "OMFG WOW TEH EMGS". Don't get me wrong, I LOVE EMGs, but I've tried a lot of other pickups. Do your research first - you might find that something like an SD SH-6 gives you what you need.

I agree! As an owner of both EMG Pup's (project guitar, but I have tried them out) and SD pup's I can honestly say that the SD pup's are still very metal and definitely worth taking a look at. A pup upgrade will always help your tone, but as everyone else says.... It's more about the amp than the guitar for your tone.
I have a Line 6 SpiderII (30 wats, 12inch) nothing spectacular, but its good for when i need it.
Try out the seymour duncan JB model for bridge. EMG pup's with spiders sound sterile :-(