Hey all, a couple months ago, I posted a thread about my plans to put a bigsby vibrato on my Ibanez SZ720FM. However, after saving my money and rethinking everything, I'm wondering if I should put an Original Floyd Rose instead. So my question is...

is putting a floyd rose into an Ibanez SZ720FM possible? And if so, would it really be worth it?

thanks
you could have gotten the S series, which has the zr tremolo. And idk if you can get an ofr on a SZ, thin body.
The sz body isnt actually all that thin, its really quite thick.

It might be, check the measurements of an OFR and your guitar yourself, dont expect other people to do your work for you.
Quote by Dark_Merlin
The sz body isnt actually all that thin, its really quite thick.

It might be, check the measurements of an OFR and your guitar yourself, dont expect other people to do your work for you.

hey, sorry if I came off as trying to get you guys to search it for me, I just don't know anything about floyd roses, or tremolo bridges for that matter. So basically, as long as the measure of my SZ is thicker than the requirement needed for the floyd rose, then i should be fine?
yea the SZ is a thick body... mahogany with a maple cap. The 720 is a gorgeous guitar... I have a 520 and I love it. Dont ruin it with a floyd, though

you may screw up the scale length if you dont install the locking nut properly... plus the TOM and string thru routs will probably stick out like a sore thumb... at least the string thru will...

is it the transparent gray one? i love that guitar... my buddy has it. I got the 520 cuz it was $380 usd and the 720 was still about 750... love it though... play it every day... although i was rather disappointed that my S classic was made in japan and the SZ is korean
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Yeah, a decent amount...however, I don't know if I would trust myself to rout the guitar, I might look into paying to get it done instead of doing it myself.
To nuthinbuttrubl8: yeah, it is the transparent grey one, looks pretty awesome too.

And Ghold, why dont you think it'd be worth it?
Quote by locosenor13
To nuthinbuttrubl8: yeah, it is the transparent grey one, looks pretty awesome too.

And Ghold, why dont you think it'd be worth it?

Because to get it done properly with a decent trem is going to cost nearly as much as the guitar did in the first place. It'd also screw up your guitar's finish around the trem cavity, there's simply no way of doing it neatly unless you strip and refinish the entire guitar.

It's not remotely worth it, you'd be better of saving up for a new, trem equipped guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Because to get it done properly with a decent trem is going to cost nearly as much as the guitar did in the first place. It'd also screw up your guitar's finish around the trem cavity, there's simply no way of doing it neatly unless you strip and refinish the entire guitar.

It's not remotely worth it, you'd be better of saving up for a new, trem equipped guitar.

oh, well if thats the case, then yeah, its definitely not worth it...thanks for the heads up
yea man dont ruin that guitar. i love the trans gray... it was just out of the price catagory i was willing to pay for it... i wont spend more than a few hundred on a korean guitar... plus, now i build my own anyway
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology