i bought a brand new hellraiser FR around 2-3 months ago and theres rust appearing on the locking nut and parts of the tremolo is there anything i can do to stop this ?
and should this even be happening?
its stored in a hardcase in a room with average humidity.
any help would be appreciated
Quote by Artemis Entreri
steel wool. I think it looks cool, it it doesn't interfere. My PRS pickups have a sprinkling of rust

wont that take the black finish off the hardware ?

Gargantuan: not that i know of
ah yeah it has black finish. It will damage it. This is just me, but I like aged looking guitars. I love my friends LP with gold finish that is rubbing off.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by the agony scene
BUMP
anyone know why this is happening?

cheap hardware? they seem to be cheapening down everything on guitars these days.
You get what you pay for.

Cheap hardware won't hold up like the good stuff.

Everyone is so into the "worn" look these days that someday a mint condition (insert frequently reliced guitar) with it's original electroincs will be worth a ton
Quote by SenorSmiley
You get what you pay for.

Cheap hardware won't hold up like the good stuff.

Everyone is so into the "worn" look these days that someday a mint condition (insert frequently reliced guitar) with it's original electroincs will be worth a ton

I only like them if they are actually old, and they've been in my possession all the time.

I would never buy a guitar pre-reliced!!

And I like my things stock aswell.

God, people today!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by necroscience13
cheap hardware? they seem to be cheapening down everything on guitars these days.

i wasn't aware that OFRs were considered cheap hardware