In terms of speaker, what does the value of resonance frequency mean?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Bump. Reason I am asking is because I want to use basslite (bass guitar speakers) for my normal guitar cab, and it have lower resonant freqeuncy compared to guitar speakers.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
I remember in physics that it's the frequency that something shatters at. Like if you play the resonant frequency of glass, the glass will shatter. You could try looking this up on teh googlez.
The point at which the speaker resonates. Usually pretty low. Just means that when you hit that note the whole speaker starts vibrating really hard.
Quote by beadhangingOne
I remember in physics that it's the frequency that something shatters at. Like if you play the resonant frequency of glass, the glass will shatter. You could try looking this up on teh googlez.

You can shatter something at any frequency if the ampitude of the force you're applying to it is strong enough. It's just easier at the resonant frequency because it vibrates with a bigger ampitude at a lower force, and lots of movement (higher amplitude) will make it break. Also, just playing the resonant frequency of something doesn't necessarily mean it will break. Badly explained but whatever

Anyway, resonant frequency is basically the frequency it naturally vibrates at. Like if you flick it and leave it, it would vibrate at that frequency. Speakers usually are supposed to respond reasonably equally across the whole range of frequencies (depending on what you want the speaker for), but it will be a bit louder at and around the resonant frequency.

I don't really know much about speakers, but I've just finished doing A level physics - so I can't really answer your question as to how it will effect how you use it. Someone else can answer that, and correct me in anything I said
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.