Poll: Helps or Ruins
Poll Options
View poll results: Helps or Ruins
Helps the Bands out
27 59%
makes them money-wanting-sell-outs
19 41%
Voters: 46.
for example, by aerosmith having a GH, will people be liike, cool, they have a GH

or will they be like, aw man, they're selling out?
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Aerosmith sold out years ago we don't have anything to worry about
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
It depends on the band and which guitar hero game we're talking about. Relatively new bands or unheard of bands got huge exposure from guitar hero and are all famous now.
Ehh having a whole guitar hero to themselves is kind of selling out... having a song or two in a game isnt though.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
It only effects the band if the song is difficult in the game.

For example the majority off people believe Dragonforce is an amazing band and that Herman Ri is one of the best guitarists ever.
Aerosmoth doesn't care. They're probably getting paid lots for it.
However, it wont help their record sales, I don't think.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
all the bands on guitar hero have allready sold out (otherwise they wouldn't be on guitar hero). if kids coming up use the music they hear on gh as a jumping off point it may be a good thing and they could get into legit music.
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by DarkEra97
It depends on the band and which guitar hero game we're talking about. Relatively new bands or unheard of bands got huge exposure from guitar hero and are all famous now.

...DragonForce
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
im talking about like..100% your songs only GHs, like Aerosmith

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
i played the new gh aerosmith and WHAT A WASTE!!!IMO they should dedicate it to a genre not just one band
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Eh its not really selling out its another form of appreciation.... Also Dragonforce's Herman Ri... the greatest guitarist ever lmao.... can anyone say recording at half time and then speeding it up =P.... My band uses the saying you are better than Dragonforce! You can play a Dragonforce song!
Don't remind me.....I hate Guitar Hero simply because it makes people think

A) they play guitar
B) they play guitar well
C) that Dragonforce is teh pwnzage
D) "Led Zeppelin? They must suck, they aren't on Guitar Hero"
Get a Carvin. Do it.
isnt it herman LI

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Herman Li

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
i really hate when people call bands sell outs and all that crap. If you see an opportunity to make some money and reach a new market of people why not? It would be like you working for company A and making 1 million in mid level and company C makes you an offer of 4 million to work for them and also gives you a promotion giving you more people to manage. something like that. Either way don't tell me you wouldn't take more money to work for company C. And also don't be like..oh what the hell is an extra 3 million at that point because you already have so much money. if you were in that position you would take it. So F U and aerosmith aren't sell outs.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
i know zep doesnt want to sell out, everyones like, aww they suck man

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Helps 'em. It introduces a band to a new group which normally wouldn't see them.

I would prob. never have taken the time to listen to Fall of Troy or An Endless Sporadic before I played GH3.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by sam_brault
Herman Li

you apparently haven't seen the parody video on youtube then?

Herman Ri is how he says it cause they're making fun of his ethnicity. look it up or something...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Maidenfan066
Aerosmith sold out years ago we don't have anything to worry about

funny, they actually admitted it themselves in Decline Of Western Civilization Pt. II

Penelope: Did you guys try to make a comeback to make money?

Stephen: Oh yeah

Penelope: Did you guys make a lot of money?

Stephen: Oh yeah

Penelope: Where is it now?

Stephen: UP MY NOSE! haha!

That's the exact dialogue.
oh okay, lol

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by sam_brault
Herman Li

It's an Asian joke, like the "I raff, I ruse" threads.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
I don't really know. I have been a huge Dragonforce fan since the beginning. By the beginning I mean since before they released their first album in 2003. Anyway, I never met anybody who had heard of them besides my friends until around the time they were in guitar hero. Now everybody knows about them but usually can only name one song. We have all these little retards running around with Dragonforce shirts and talking about how Dragonforce is their favorite band yet they can only name one song. They always try to talk to me about how "K1cK aZZ Df0rc3 is" and I just want them to piss off. But, then I think about how long I waited for Dragonforce to go on tour in the United States and to release their albums here, and I think about how without guitar hero I may have had to wait a lot longer for all that to happen, and maybe it never would have happened. So yeah, it is a double edged sword.

As for selling out, the only band I consider to be a "sellout" is Kiss. Seriously, they did a fuc*ing disco album.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Last edited by Ironbodom at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by ferretface

D) "Led Zeppelin? They must suck, they aren't on Guitar Hero"

I'm not the only person that's ever been told that ♥
Quote by tjhome28
It annoys me when kids sit there playing the sweet child o mine or smoke on the water intro riff repeatedly
and badly
and so loud the whole shop can't hear themselves think
and with the worst amp settings possible

[/rant]

+1
Dudes anyone knows that listening to one band over and over again will get very very annoying. Aerosmith has made so much money they dont care. Besides Guitar hero has crappy animations and shotty tabs. By d way Dragonforce is crap, i dont like the name, and all there songs sound to similar. But hey there maken more money than me
Quote by redhotsexmagic
i really hate when people call bands sell outs and all that crap. If you see an opportunity to make some money and reach a new market of people why not? It would be like you working for company A and making 1 million in mid level and company C makes you an offer of 4 million to work for them and also gives you a promotion giving you more people to manage. something like that. Either way don't tell me you wouldn't take more money to work for company C. And also don't be like..oh what the hell is an extra 3 million at that point because you already have so much money. if you were in that position you would take it. So F U and aerosmith aren't sell outs.

not if by working for company c you are supporting ideals that you appear to completely oppose, and are betray your own beliefs for it. what if company c supports fapping? how could you work for them with a clear conscience?
Without GH3, I would never have known Muse, my favorite band.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Helps 'em. It introduces a band to a new group which normally wouldn't see them.

I would prob. never have taken the time to listen to Fall of Troy or An Endless Sporadic before I played GH3.

Yeah, I'm happy The Fall Of Troy was on GH3, they definitely needed the money, being an insanely talented band and getting not that much money must really suck.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by JeanMi36
Without GH3, I would never have known Muse, my favorite band.

I must disagree. I hated muse after hearing KoC. yeah, it was prejudice but I didn't care.

it was like 5 months later when I tried them again and found songs that I liked. I'm unhappy about all that time lost just because an annoying (IMO of course) song was on GH.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by redhotsexmagic

+10000 point for you. It is sad when people think that making money is evil. I challenge them then to give all their sh*t away, go live on a mountain top in an old bed sheet and eat bugs till they croak.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's kinda like a double edged sword.

On one hand, you are introducing music to new fans.

On the other hand, old and hardcore fans of the band will call them sell outs.
I think that's a load of crap.
Quote by tona_107
not if by working for company c you are supporting ideals that you appear to completely oppose, and are betray your own beliefs for it. what if company c supports fapping? how could you work for them with a clear conscience?

Yeah and any band who has been mentioned in this thread as sellouts have really betrayed their values and morals for being on GH...come on please...sell the manure somewhere else.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Ironbodom

As for selling out, the only band I consider to be a "sellout" is Kiss. Seriously, they did a fuc*ing disco album.

Kiss never sold out, when were they good?
Put it this way:
If i had a dollar for everytime i walked into my schools music room and found a year 7 kid playing a bad version of killing in the name in E standard, id be rich.
I asked one kid if he knew any other RATM songs and he said nar just the guitar hero on dude.
Makes me sick
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by mr_potroast
Kiss never sold out, when were they good?

Never, but they are EVERYWHERE! I agree with what everybody else is saying about how money isn't a bad thing and just because a band takes a great opportunity to reach more fans and make a ton of cash dosen't make them a sellout, but at a point it goes too far. for example, I have a christmas ornament that plays Kiss when you press a button and i'm sure there are hundreds of similar useless Kiss products out there. To me it just seems like Kiss was never in it to make music (hence their suckyness) and that they are constantly looking for anyway to make a quick buck instead of actually making music worth listening to.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
I fail to see the disadvantages to doing so.

You're introducing their music to new people. They enjoy the music and listen to them more. If anything, they make more money.

I remember an article talking about how Cheap Trick records spiked up after the release of Guitar Hero II, or something like that...
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
I think the only artists that can be sell outs are ones that protest against that stuff. I don't think aerosmith ever said they hated rich people. An artist like Eminem or 50, who used to make fun of "poppy" artists, then becasme them, are hypocrites. If you ever see Tom Morello of RATM rolling around in an escalade, I consider that selling out. but only if the artist is being hypocritical.