Right now I have a Squier Stratocaster and a Fender Frontman 15 W amp, and now I'm looking for a second guitar and amp. I'm starting off with the guitar. So what is a good guitar for $300 or under? I play rock, hard rock, alternative, classic rock, and I guess some metal. I play Black Sabbath, The Hives, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Priestess, Wolf Mother, The Beatles, Jet, The Raconteurs, The White Stripes, Weezer, Foo Fighters, My Morning Jacket, The Strokes, Nirvana, and The Vines. Someone said that Craig's List or Ebay was the way to go. I can afford any of the guitars on these pages: http://stlouis.craigslist.org/search/msg?query=guitar&minAsk=min&maxAsk=300
Yamaha Pacifica 112J. The gods of cheap guitars.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by Me2NiK
Yamaha Pacifica 112J. The gods of cheap guitars.

Very true, but I would recommend just saving till you have like $450 to go for an Epiphone or something.
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
I think you should get a new amp, unless this guitar's neck is uncomfortable.
For $300... I'd say maybe a Blackheart little giant combo, although it might not have enough gain for Metallica without an OD stompbox in front (like a Digitech bad monkey).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.