Hi there guys and gals. I just uploaded a song that I actually wrote 5 years ago, but recently re-recorded. I hope you guys like it.

You can listen to it here:

Edit:
I finished the ending of the song, those who wish to hear it can do so here.

http://soundclick.com/wadehavens

C4C as always!!

-Wadester
Last edited by wadester at Jul 15, 2008,
Great tone in the beginning there, and easy effective drumbeat. The vocal harmonies are cool as well. Very catchy tune, and good production "Get lost, get loooooooost" The melody on this song is mind boggling, and now its stuck in the head. So if you dont like what i have to say... Get lost

Good song man.
whoa dude, i like this. well done!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Quote by 3miceandacat
Not bad, but I would tweak the addictive drums to fit the song a little more.

Well, give me a little more than that. How would you tweak the drums, and where?
Is it because they are too simple, or because there is a problem? Be more specific.

Wade
I really love your guitar tone, and I rather liked the vocal harmony. The whole song was really catchy and the solo was really cool as well. In fact, my only gripe is that it ends really abrubtly, I was expecting you to at least finish your last syllable and chord before the recording cuts out. (that might be my computer cutting the file short, I'm sorry if that's the case)

Overall, I really like it, 5 stars.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Thank you very much,

yeah I got lazy at the end, I was listening to it and got tired and thought, well, the song is called Get Lost, so I guess the abrupt ending is fitting. LOL I will finish the song sometime this week though. LOL

Thanks for the crit

Wade
The recording is very professional, it is very catchy and i really like the melody in the chorus. I am not to sure about the way it ends either, but over all a very good song plus you have a really good voice. Nice version of baba o'riley as well.
dude the recording quality on this is excellent, teach me to get my tracks sounding as tight as this!! lol but the song itself was fun, "Get lost!" is a great line to sing along to, no beating around the bush, the message is simple, and that's what makes the song IMO. Great work!...Oh and nice dog lol
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
dude the recording quality on this is excellent, teach me to get my tracks sounding as tight as this!! lol but the song itself was fun, "Get lost!" is a great line to sing along to, no beating around the bush, the message is simple, and that's what makes the song IMO. Great work!...Oh and nice dog lol

Thanks man! I'll answer any questions you have. Just PM me and I'll try to help.

-Wade
Sorry about the delayed crit man, I've been busy the last few days... I'm exhausted haha.

But anyway,

the new song= kick ass.

The intro progresssion is tastefully satisfying...
The chugg chugg of some power chords really suits my fancy after some of the overcomplicated things people try to play.

Th lyrics have that kind of rock n roll attitude to it.

I LOVE the line " Im not that Kiiind of guy" I can almost see you gritting your teeth.

It seems kind of like you loose it a little at the end of the solo, but overall it was, too, badass.

I had a listen to the one on your pro with the abrupt ending, that sounded like the recording was cut,

I do prefer the finished one.

bravo, awesome job

YOU NEED TO GET A BAND TOGETHER NOW!
then we could play a show.
That was really good man...something you can speed down the road to. I usually don't go for the straight rock stuff but I liked it. And the recording quality is very awesome. Great song.
ya know

when the song first started i was thinking blech

but as it went on

it's not bad

i can hear some foo fighters in there

and i'm a huge foo fighters fan

i mean

HUGE

not bad dude

i like it
the arsonist had oddly shaped feet...
I really like your voice cause it doesnt sound like normal voices there would be for this kind of music. It was recorded really well. Good job!
Hey Wade. This song is really well produced. I like the message you're going for with the lyrics. This sounds like such a fun rock song. The solo was really interesting too. There's nothing I can hear that you could change. I enjoyed this song a lot. I can't wait to hear more from you.

~Anthony

P.S. And Thanks for the crit on my song. I really appreciate it.
very catchy. I like the simple guitar pattern at the beginning!
the production is GREAT. holy ****. what kinda equipment did you use on that song?

http://www.myspace.com/zackpottermusic

the non acoustic version of "If I'm Gone" is what my drummer and i recently recorded (even though he's on the other side of the country). if you could tell us what kinda equipment you used that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks alot for the crit.

I use Cubase as my recording software
I use Addictive Drums for drums of course.
I use a Shure SM58 mic for recording guitars and vocals.
I use a Creative X-FI Pro soundcard. (I don't recommend this, but it works)

Really the trick to recording is finding a good room to record in. I always record in my livingroom because that's where the most quiet place in my house is. If I try to record in my garage, where most of my stuff is stored, I get a very hollow sound that IMO is really crappy. I even get different sounds in my livingroom depending on which direction my amp is turned.
I hardly ever record with FX. I always try to record dry then add them later with software. The only FX I ever use as I'm recording are on the guitar. I found that with my amp, the delay and reverb FX stand out better if miked while recording. Otherwise they blend with the other tracks too much and I have to end up adding way more than I want.
When I'm set on what I'm going to record, I record about 10 bars of the song with every instrument and then tweak the EQ, levels, and FX to my liking. I do this because, once that is done, I have to do very little to finish the song other than record everything.
I always use a small amount of compression and noise gate on the input channel when recording vocals, and then turn it off for all other instruments. This allows me to set the proper vocal levels and then screem as loud as I want without worrying about clipping.
I'm playing with doubling and trippling guitar tracks. I always record the rhythm tracks twice and then pan far right and left on the each track. Then I add another guitar track to the chorus rhythm and mess with panning till I like what I hear. This gives you a thicker more pleasing guitar sound IMO. I'm still playing with soloing, I'm not very good in this area. But I try to keep the vocals and solo at the same levels and keep them in the center so they stand out better.

It really all depends on what you're looking for in the song. But this is how I do it.

I hope this helps a little.

Wadester
"Get Lost" by "Wade Havens " ,
upbeat and catchy , not too long till the chorus kicks in which works well .
nicely arranged drums , with tasteful fills ,
2nd verse/chorus very similar to 1st , maybe some harmonisation would be good there ?
guitar solo , very rhythmical and really follows the tune , great phrasing , i imagine what a vocal line would sound like trying to replicate it .
3rd chorus , good use of riffs for variation ( maybe could of been added at the 2nd verse )
a snappy ending which works but is not as strong as the rest of the song .
overall a pretty catchy tune which could be played in a number of styles and still retain its melody
recommended listing .
Thank you for the crit. I agree, I would've added more instruments myself if I owned more; but I guess I can only make due with what I have.

I'll crit yours as I listen.

The intro is cool, I like the distorted guitars. Drums are a nice touch, it sounds right on tempo and everything. The guitar does have a nice tone, and although the playing is simple, it works very well with the song. The singing fits the music very well, and overall, I think it is a very catchy song.

I just got to the solo, and I like it a lot. It has some very cool runs, and the harmonics are a nice touch. A couple of the bends don't seem to fit very well, but overall, it had a nice touch.

The recording quality was nice. Overall, good song. I like it. Keep up the good work.
Haha cool intro. Vocals are pretty good, but you go a bit off key at one point. The whole song reminds me of one of those tracks you'd hear in a movie or something. Actually your voice kind of reminds me of smash mouth haha. Whether that's a good or bad thing, you're gonna have to decide I like the solo! Very simple, but very effective. Very cool. Although to be honest, it kind of drags on for too long. If you cut it a bit shorter I think it would have sounded a lot better.

Overall, pretty cool song! Great job!
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Quote by NovemberRain273
Haha cool intro. Vocals are pretty good, but you go a bit off key at one point. The whole song reminds me of one of those tracks you'd hear in a movie or something. Actually your voice kind of reminds me of smash mouth haha. Whether that's a good or bad thing, you're gonna have to decide I like the solo! Very simple, but very effective. Very cool. Although to be honest, it kind of drags on for too long. If you cut it a bit shorter I think it would have sounded a lot better.

Overall, pretty cool song! Great job!

Thanks for the crit. I think you're right about the solo. You're the 1st person whos said anything about it, but I've been thinking that ever since I recorded it. That and it also is quite choppy towards the end.

Thanks again!!
Hi there,

Cool punk-rock kinda song!
nice guitar sound tho! sound like the realthing.
mic'ed recording?

good job
Recording quality sounds good man. The song is really not my style, but it is well executed. Simple and to the point. I did like the solo though. Had a bit of a bluesy feel to it. Keep up the good work!
Are you Pactworthy?
Thanks for the crit man.
This one's very catchy indeed, but this kind of stuff is not really my style. Don't get me wrong though, it's very well done, well put together. good job. glad you liked my jams too.
WOW! I loved the song! very catchy. I listened to the whole song before I tried to critique it. There isn't much to say other than, great job!!! I really, really liked the solo and the lyrics were great too. Its upbeat with an attitude lol very nicely done! Keep it up!
This is a pretty catchy, windows down-volume up cruising song. This song is a lot of fun to listen too. It proves that guitar parts dont have to be rediculously complex to be effective. Some parts of the solo, however, are kinda awkward and there are a few notes that sound out of key and very out of place.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

Good stuff here, the song was exceptionally good, but I can't say that I was too fond of the vocals in the verses. I think you should try to be on tune at the end of each line, cause it sounds kinda weird when you half shout and half sing it. The little solo part near the end was good and I liked the harmonies, nice job man.
Like somebody else said, at first, I wasn't all that into it. But definitely as the song went on I started to really like it. The intro wasn't bad or anything, just took some warming up to...probably just because I'm not super into that straight rock either. All in all though, really good song. Very catchy. And also like somebody else said, I liked that "I'm not that kiiiiind of guy". Took me by surprise but fit the song perfect. The drums during the chorus could use some work. Not sure what, though. Maybe just need to be more distinct from the verse...more fills and crash cymbal maybe.

I hate that this sounds more critical than full of praise...because I liked it a lot. Good stuff!
Great song. Loved the vocal harmonies, loved the solo and the lead in the last chorus. Very professional sounding, I could imagine hearing this song on the radio.
The softest of blankets is six feet of soil.

Upcoming Shows:
Sasquatch! Festival - May 2013
thanks for the crit man, you gave me the wrong link but i found ya thread
ill admit the chord progression has been done alot, but you kept it alive with a different vocal melody and rhythm section. awesome vocals, and a very tight recording... nice soloing. like everyone else has said, awesome recording quality! nice work man
Hey man, great song (Get Lost)!

I like how it drives forward pretty well. Cool solo. Nice phrasing and change ups. Catchy chorus, and pretty good vocals. Overall a very strong performance. Digging it!

Thanks for your crit btw!
nice tune you got here... very catchy..
the vocals are good and i like the bridge alot
everything works very well together in this song, it is very well orginized and put together
great job

i think youve already crit all my stuff but rate my vid?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaopV_NHuE
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA