If the Pentatonic Minor scale uses the 1,b3,4,5,b7, then why is there a G in the A Minor pentatonic scale?
because its the b7th?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
ya, its G

7th in A = G#
b7th = G
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Because a pentatonic scale is modal and the b7 relationship is to the major scale and the b7th of a major scale (in this case A) would be G.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Gallows Pole I am totally not making fun of you. We have all been there. I just had to read the question about five times because I thought it was a trick or I wasn't understanding it.
Wow...I see, that was...that was quite honestly the dumbest thing ever. I'm going to bed. Excuse my ignorance, I would've been thinking more clearly had it not been three a.m.

I was just being lazy and counting it in my head "A B C D E F G..." and thats...thats dumb. Words cannot express...the...the dumbness...
Quote by TheGallowsPole
I was just being lazy and counting it in my head "A B C D E F G..." and thats...thats dumb. Words cannot express...the...the dumbness...

It's not dumb you just weren't thinking about it correctly so you asked a valid question.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
lol, well still, to defend any dignity I may have, if I had spent a good two more minutes thinking about it everything would have been fine.