Page 1 of 2
Alright, heres the deal. In order to be a real metal fan, you HAVE to like the soul creator of Metal... Ozzy Osbourne. Either you like him a lot, like you'd get most of his albums (or have them), or you odn't like him and your not a true Metal fan.

So whos with me on the whole 'Gotta be an Ozzy fan to be a true Metal fan' thing?
But that would be like saying, "if you like rock and roll you have to like Elvis." So therefore if you like Metal which is just a derivative of Rock and Roll, then ya gotta like Elvis. But then again if ya like Metal which is a derivative of Rock & Roll and Rock which is a by product of Blues then ya gotta like Robert Johnson. So to like metal ya gotta like Robert Johnson, Elvis and Ozzy....
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by rock_n_roll_711
So whos with me on the whole 'Gotta be an Ozzy fan to be a true Metal fan' thing?

Not me. Hey, I like Ozzy. I love Crazy Train, Bark At The Moon, Flying High Again, No More Tears, Shot In The Dark, etc. but I don't think it should be required to like Ozzy just to say your a fan of Metal. I love Ozzy's solo stuff, but I have to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Black Sabbath. Yes, I said it!
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Ozzy was dead weight in Sabbath, and his solo career is less than interesting. 2-3 good songs, and albums of mediocrity.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
Ozzy was dead weight in Sabbath, and his solo career is less than interesting. 2-3 good songs, and albums of mediocrity.

Yeah I think Sharon had Randy killed because he was not feelling challenged anymore by the Oz man. She got wind that he was going to leave the band to write good music and she had the plane tampered with.

Just kidding....
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Not me. Hey, I like Ozzy. I love Crazy Train, Bark At The Moon, Flying High Again, No More Tears, Shot In The Dark, etc. but I don't think it should be required to like Ozzy just to say your a fan of Metal. I love Ozzy's solo stuff, but I have to be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Black Sabbath. Yes, I said it!

Sabbath was Ozzy's old band that didn't accept him for who he was once they found out he did drugs. I have to say, I'm not Black Sabbath's biggest fan either. But, you forgot about the word 'True' I put in. You can be a Metal fan and hate Ozzy, I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't judge. But A True Metal fan respects what Ozzy has been through in his life and his solo career and all that. So a True Metal fan would at least least have to like his basic songs that pretty much everyone likes, plus some. BAsic songs include songs like Crazy Train, Shot In The Dark, Bark at the Moon, and probably No More Tears like you mentioned. But you have to know a little more than that. Like I Don't Want To Change The World, Alive, Gets Me Through, Mr. Tinkertrain, all songs like that.

I didn't litterally mean that its a requirement to liek Ozzy in order to be a Metal fan. Fun a true Metal fan likes him, and respects him for what hes done, and what he's been through.
Quote by rock_n_roll_711
I didn't litterally mean that its a requirement to liek Ozzy in order to be a Metal fan. Fun a true Metal fan likes him, and respects him for what hes done, and what he's been through.

Ah...but you can respect someone for their influence and in this case Ozzy to Metal (which isn't debatable) but that doesn't mean you have to like them. Appreciation and respect don't arbitrarily equal like.

But I actually like Ozzy and Sabbath so there....hahahaha.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
Quote by rock_n_roll_711
lotsa jibba-jabba.

No.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
If you wanna go by who has inspired who, more hard rock/metal bands today are inspired by Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pantera, and Metallica. Soooo...technically, Ozzy himself didn't really do much because Black Sabbath still kicked ass without him.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by rock_n_roll_711
Alright, heres the deal. In order to be a real metal fan, you HAVE to like the soul creator of Metal... Ozzy Osbourne. Either you like him a lot, like you'd get most of his albums (or have them), or you odn't like him and your not a true Metal fan.

Shut up, idiot.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by crackhutch
If you wanna go by who has inspired who, more hard rock/metal bands today are inspired by Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Pantera, and Metallica. Soooo...technically, Ozzy himself didn't really do much because Black Sabbath still kicked ass without him.

+1, nor did he even write much in Black Sabbath. I still like him but this thread is fucking stupid.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by rock_n_roll_711

*looks at other posts*

Oh yeah, you know you are a true metal fan when your other favorite bands are Mötley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, Lordi, Lamb of God, and Disturbed.

(Led Zeppelin rules though)
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by cliffemall123
+1, nor did he even write much in Black Sabbath. I still like him but this thread is fucking stupid.

Then why post if you think it's stupid?
Quote by rock_n_roll_711

Because I have the right to disagree with you and express my opinion.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by Diamond Dave
Tony Iommi is far more metal than Ozzy

EDIT: and as far as Ozzy's contributions to the bands he's been in, all he did was make up the vocal melodies and get trashed.

+1, Iommi > Ozzy
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by rock_n_roll_711

Not me.
I hate douches all like "lulz l00k at me, i play Crazy Train!!! Im in Guitah Centah!1"
The worst part is they play it wrong.
Quote by rock_n_roll_711

Because you are stupid.
And stupid people need to be told they are stupid.

Ozzy was yet another "Right time, right place" person. He happened to be in a band that created the metal sound and because of it, became the biggest star of it. It's ridiculous.
This thread reeks of the same sorta crap that most Slayer fans spew. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE SLAYER, YOU DON'T LIKE REAL METAL, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" I don't mind some of Ozzy's solo work and I prefer Sabbath with Ozzy over anyone else, but to say that you must be a fan of him to be a "true metal fan" is ignorant, arrogant and makes you sound like a 14 year old twat, desperately trying to fit in.
Quote by Magero
Because you are stupid.

Ozzy was yet another "Right time, right place" person. He happened to be in a band that created the metal sound and because of it, became the biggest star of it. It's ridiculous.
This thread reeks of the same sorta crap that most Slayer fans spew. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE SLAYER, YOU DON'T LIKE REAL METAL, YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" I don't mind some of Ozzy's solo work and I prefer Sabbath with Ozzy over anyone else, but to say that you must be a fan of him to be a "true metal fan" is ignorant, arrogant and makes you sound like a 14 year old twat, desperately trying to fit in.

I dont do that

"stupid people need to be told they are stupid"
You my friend are officially a badass
Quote by Cryptorchild
I dont do that

"stupid people need to be told they are stupid"
You my friend are officially a badass

I said "most"
I've met way too many of those types though. "YOU DON'T LIKE DEICIDE?! WTF!?" and just replace Deicide with any of the "true" metal bands. Pantera, Sabbath, Slayer, etc.

I got called gay because I didn't like Dio once.....
Nah, that's kind of a stupid arguement in my opinion. Of course, Black Sabbath is great, and his solo career had some pretty good songs, but at ANYTIME, stating "You must like ___(Important figure in....something)___ to like ____(eeerrr...the thing the important figure is related to)___".

Ozzy's voice is kind of an acquired taste. Some people say it sounds lazy and off-tune, and some think of it as distinctive, powerful, and kind of a signature voice. Black Sabbath is pretty much the most, or at least ONE of the most, influencial metal band(s) of all time. For that, I personally think every metal fan should have at least some respect for Sabbath, if not Ozzy.

But bottom line: Does NOT mean you have to like him to be "meeeeetaaalz".
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by Magero
I said "most"
I've met way too many of those types though. "YOU DON'T LIKE DEICIDE?! WTF!?" and just replace Deicide with any of the "true" metal bands. Pantera, Sabbath, Slayer, etc.

Honestly I dont like Dio and im not a huge fan of Deicide either.
Seriously though, some bands arent even close as "badass" as most people make them out to be.
Quote by Cryptorchild
Honestly I dont like Dio and im not a huge fan of Deicide either.
Seriously though, some bands arent even close as "badass" as most people make them out to be.

When you listen to stuff like Behemoth, Nile, Weeping Birth, etc and people tell you that you don't listen to real metal because you don't like Dio...
I dunno, I kinda zone out....
Quote by rock_n_roll_711
Sabbath was Ozzy's old band that didn't accept him for who he was once they found out he did drugs. I.

You just called the other members of Black Sabbath drug-free.

Quote by Magero
but to say that you must be a fan of him to be a "true metal fan" is ignorant, arrogant and makes you sound like a 14 year old twat, desperately trying to fit in.

Funny that
Quote by Magero
When you listen to stuff like Behemoth, Nile, Weeping Birth, etc and people tell you that you don't listen to real metal because you don't like Dio...
I dunno, I kinda zone out....

In my town nobody listens to metal.
There are a couple (3) scene kids in my town but they suck and listen to stuff i hate like A7X and As I Lay Dying and like TS think Ozzy is a metal god. Aside from those guys im pretty much the only person I know who ever touched a Slayer album. Really sucks. The only critisizing people give me on my music taste is "Wtf, are you possessed?", not anything like "Your a fag, you dont like Manowar...they are so metal"

btw
I love Nile and Behemoth but never got into Weeping Birth, can you recommend some stuff in a comment?
Quote by Magero
Because you are stupid.

You owned him Magero.
Quote by mexicanmidget88

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

R.I.P. George Carlin

Quote by Magero

May I?

And Webb, we thought you wear conquered by the germans again.
Quote by dead-fish
May I?

And Webb, we thought you wear conquered by the germans again.

Be my guest.
Quote by Cryptorchild
In my town nobody listens to metal.
There are a couple (3) scene kids in my town but they suck and listen to stuff i hate like A7X and As I Lay Dying and like TS think Ozzy is a metal god. Aside from those guys im pretty much the only person I know who ever touched a Slayer album. Really sucks. The only critisizing people give me on my music taste is "Wtf, are you possessed?", not anything like "Your a fag, you dont like Manowar...they are so metal"

btw
I love Nile and Behemoth but never got into Weeping Birth, can you recommend some stuff in a comment?

"A Painting of Raven and Rape" is the only album I could find.
Their new one is out sometime this year and the stuff on their myspace sounds intense.
You're gay.

Screw it, I'm in too good of a mood for that.
GF's flat at Edinburgh? You know what they say about scottish chicks, right?
Don't touch me, scenefag.
Yeah, I needed a good catalyst.
I have a much more specific quote filter, and I only took one quote from searching the forums.

Deadit: Oh, and I don't put more than 1 quote of the same person. I changed MB's and Kepulix's quotes like 3 times each.
Page 1 of 2