K I cant understand whats happening with me, I keep thinking about guitar non stop I am ALWAYS thinking about it, but when I get home I play for a bit (maybe 5 mins) and just don't feel like playing anymore. I've been like thsi for the last month... I used to play hours all day long sometimes! Now I barely play! I donno why but its drifting away from me, and its causing me to become stressed. I am always tired and seem to have gotten a hell of a lot more lazy. My friends say take a break but I cant I haven't practiced enough for the last 2 months so I don't feel I deserve to take a break. I donno what to do guys help me out.
Gear:
Dean VX
Ovation Celebrity CC44 Electric Acoustic
VOX DA5
take a break. i remember going on a lake trip with a friend for an extended weekend, and I didn't play guitar for 4 days. When i came back, i had all these new ideas that i didn't even realize were in my head. I had forgotten how awsome my guitar sounded.
Go with what guerito say man. every once in a while every guitar god needs a break, what do you think the time between a tour and recording a new album is? taking it easy is what that is. just do something else you love ie. sports,go on a trip, Fap if you enjoy that.
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
just do something else you love...Fap if you enjoy that.

yes, do this for 4 days.
Also taking a break actually makes you play better. It is sort of like working out. You build muscle when your resting and not when you are actually doing the workout. When you take a break from playing an instrument you give your brain and motor functions time to process everything.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
Also taking a break actually makes you play better. It is sort of like working out. You build muscle when your resting and not when you are actually doing the workout. When you take a break from playing an instrument you give your brain and motor functions time to process everything.

Alright I'll just take a break for a couple days then, most of my friends have been saying a lot of the stuff I play is easy and I have been trying so HARD to push myself some harder stuff and what not... after that guitar kinda became a chore. But thanks guys I hope this works out.
Quote by Kash1333
Alright I'll just take a break for a couple days then, most of my friends have been saying a lot of the stuff I play is easy and I have been trying so HARD to push myself some harder stuff and what not... after that guitar kinda became a chore. But thanks guys I hope this works out.

the thing about pushing yourself - you have to enjoy the challenge. It's important to find music that challenges you that you LIKE learning to play. Music shouldn't seem like a chore. Unless you're just doing it for girls. =]
Quote by guerito
yes, do this for 4 days.

Lmao, I shall attempt that some day, when i need a break.
Like terry fox, but the 4 day fap run.
i would go outside alot and exercise... that might refresh your body and mind who knows? also, listen to music that gets you pumped and makes you want to play guitar...
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Same here, I'm just guessing you have a short attention span. That seems to be the problem with me at least. Just try to do more than one of those short practices throughout the day
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser