Page 1 of 5
what were some of the bands u were obsessed with a few years ago. my music taste has changed a fair bit since then. i used to be into rock but slowly became obsessed with punk/metal, but ive always liked jack johnson. now im also into malmsteen.

but a few years ago i was into stuff like green day (btw i dont like them anymore, but i used to love them so much), and rock songs that were being played on mainsteam music video shows.

what are your thoughts pit?

cheers
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
The Offspring.

Then Green Day.

Then Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, Black Label Society.

Now Ayumi Hamasaki and all the stuff I've ever liked.
3 years ago was about 6 months before I started getting into mainstream. So at the time my favorite band was Rush. Kinda went full circle with that...
I still like the stuff I liked 3 years ago.

But I used to really like Backstreet Boys

Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Emotional-type shiz.

Like Silverstein, Panic at the disco, Sense Fail.

Now i listen to Muse, Radiohead, other stuff.

has no signature.
Blink 182

I'm so gonna get flamed for admitting that, ain't I?
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

RATM, Linkin Park, Offspring, Dropkick Murphys, Foo Fighters. Still in love with some of those.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Ummm metallica was pretty much all i listened to. Now I listen to literally every single type of music you can imagine, from metal to trance to opera to japanese music, and everything in between. My favorites right now though are various forms of alternative rock and Opeth.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Back then, I think I just came out of my Queen-phase, and merged into my Green Day, Nirvana, U2 phase. Still love Nirvana though.
3 years ago... that sounds about the time I discovered prog metal and neo-classical so Symphony X, Dream Theater and Yngwie Malmsteen
I was like obsessed with anything grunge..like mudhoney, green river, nirvana, temple of the dog...i still like them, i just like metal a lot more now
im pretty sure 3 years ago i was listning to loads of british ska punk like farse and spunge......hehe i like death metal the most now
Greenday
Guns N Roses
ACDC
just stuff like that

Now its pink floyd, bob dylan, radiohead, led zeppelin. Altho I still do enjoy listening to the old stuff i liked, just not as much
I was into a lot more hardcore then. Like I would listen to the blood brothers all the time, and now I barely ever do.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
The Killers and Bloc Party.

Then The Killers released Sam's Town and I laughed at the patheticness of that album and fucked them off.

Then I read something where Bloc Party slated Oasis just after releasing Weekend in the City. Rose tinted glasses came off.
Three years ago I was into a fair bit of nu-metal.

Static-X, System Of A Down, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold (I still like them now though), and Buckethead.

Now I don't care much for Static-X much, or SOAD, although I started listening to the self titled album more and more lately, and kind of forgot about Avenged.

I'm still crazy about Buckethead though .
Green Day and The Beatles. Occasionaly listen to the the later still. Right know I listen to mostly The Killers, RHCP, Coldplay, and Radiohead.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Avenged Sevenfold

My Chemical Romance

Trivium

I used to think Synyster Gates was the best guitarist in the world

Agreed. But since then i have found the likes of Suicide Silence, The Red Shore, and Jeff Buckley to name a few.
Quote by Its_Rock77
you are a god.

I haven't been on UG in ages... I miss you guys

[="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"] [="[/COLOR"]
three years ago, my "boy-band" stage, Aaron Carter, The Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, ect... Boy life sucked than
green day "hides face"
their ok but all their music sounds the same
and their 40 and wear make up......
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Err...3 years ago it would have been,

The Beatles, My Chemical Romance, Muse, Panic At The Disco, Fall Out Boy and lots of pop punk bands (usually classed as "emo" bands)

I still like them all, with the exception of Muse, they get on my tits now.
3 years ago i mainly listened to the beatles

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Disturbed
Mudvayne the old stuff a.k.a the good stuff.
and bands like that.
now i like bands like dethklok, apocoliptica and pantera
Simple Plan!

"It's only after you've lost everything," Tyler says, "that you're free to do anything."
Eminem/Greenday then i moved on to my KISS addiction...which is still going after 2 1/2 years.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

lol

busted :L!
My Gear

Epiphone: Les Paul - 1994 - Birdseye.
Tenson: Strat
Samick: Acoustic < On Long Term Lend.
Samick: Amp - 15w
Roland Cube 30 Amp
greenday and linkin park

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

i used to love GNR

now i love Metallica, BFMV, and Machine Head
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
pretty much i have liked the same bands my whole life, like gnr ac/dc
Quote by Abe Knuckleball
Primus. Still like 'em of course but I used to be obsessed.

HA!!Still obsessed and own every studio recording they've released, from Suck on This to Animals... including the EP's, as well as other Claypool related goodness, do listen to them less than I did though.

Now let's see, 3 years ago, I would of been 15 years old and slap bang in my "Nirvana are the greatest band period" phase...oh dear, boy was I stupid and ignorant...I barely listen to them these days,and find Nevermind excruciating to sit through...

Lets not forget Linkin Park, everyone loved "metal" combined with Scratchy sounds and white boy rap right? Sigh...could of been worse, at least I always hated Limp Bizkit....
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I used to be into mainstream pop sorta stuff.
I now listen to about
30% Rock(i.e pearl jam)
30% Grunge (i.e alice in chains)
30% Alternative stuff (i.e grinspoon, john butler trio)
10% metal (i.e metallica, RATM)
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Page 1 of 5