The title says it all can i run an amp head (JCM900) through two of these speakers.

Thanks in advance.

By the way i got them at the tip.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

whats the ohms of the speakers?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan

OHMS?

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by rancidryan

It says 8

Yeah it will work although I don't know how well it's going to sound.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Yeah I wouldn't mind hearing how the 900 sounds through it.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Quote by Mattalac
Yeah I wouldn't mind hearing how the 900 sounds through it.

I'll post things once i get my 900 November/December

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Well I think it might work, but then it'll sound crappy.

These Speakers are made for every frequencies. Speakers especially for Guitars don't have the ones which produce the high frequencies. So your Distortion's going to sound crap.

That's also the reason why those modelling preamps have cab-simulation, so you can go with them directly through your PA.

Hope you could understand what i'm trying to explain I'm german so it's kinda hard to explain technical things in english.
I understand...I know it would sound crap just wanted to know if it would work so i don't have to pay for a cab straight away.

Gear
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by KISSguitarist
I understand...I know it would sound crap just wanted to know if it would work so i don't have to pay for a cab straight away.

Try it and let us know how it goes.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Well i onced tried that when i was younger... Plugged some HiFi Speakers in my guitar amp... and it sounded like a chainsaw... so i started to use one of those cab simulation effect (included in my korg ax100g) and it was okay.

But you should kill the sound a JCM900 makes by using ****ty or even non-guitar-speakers.

but try it, you'll see

and if you don't have enough money for speakers, i can recommend harley benton cabs warmly to you. Especially those with V30 speakers... Cheap + rock! Nearly no difference to Marshall Speakers (tried them at Thomann)
Quote by Reeen
Well i onced tried that when i was younger... Plugged some HiFi Speakers in my guitar amp... and it sounded like a chainsaw... so i started to use one of those cab simulation effect (included in my korg ax100g) and it was okay.

But you should kill the sound a JCM900 makes by using ****ty or even non-guitar-speakers.

but try it, you'll see

and if you don't have enough money for speakers, i can recommend harley benton cabs warmly to you. Especially those with V30 speakers... Cheap + rock! Nearly no difference to Marshall Speakers (tried them at Thomann)

+1
And Avatar
PM Gpderek09 to join!