Does anyone think the U.S. is restarting the cold war by signing the missile/radar agreements with Czechoslovakia and Poland? America didn't like it when the Soviet Union based missiles in Cuba. Hmm, too close for comfort there, yet, we are trying to do the same by placing missiles in their back yard. Russia has recently threatened a military reaction of some kind if the missiles are put in place. Please post your opinions on the matter.
errm
russia these days is nowhere near as powerful as the us
why would they want another cold war?
if they wanted to get at them theyd nuke them or something
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
I wish the world could get along without deterrence or fear. Sadly, though, that's how the world is being run now....
Quote by mon_the_fraser
Americans claim to have the greatest country in the world and then pick on weaker ones. Similar to shaun on eastenders. They probably have something in those countries that they want probably brains.

hahahah nice analogy
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by mon_the_fraser
Americans claim to have the greatest country in the world and then pick on weaker ones. Similar to shaun on eastenders. They probably have something in those countries that they want probably brains.

how the hell did you compare a soap character to a military powerhouse. Actually I don't care that is awesome my friend. Hats off!
I really don't think the term Cold War would apply as much anymore. To me the current situation is more easily compared to the situation before World War I. Major countries are beginning to take sides (i.e. Russia and Iran v. U.S.A. and Israel) and God only knows where the Chinese would throw themselves in in the middle of that quagmire.
Cold War: 1. A state of political tension and military rivalry between nations that stops short of full-scale war, especially that which existed between the United States and Soviet Union following World War II.
2. A state of rivalry and tension between two factions, groups, or individuals that stops short of open, violent confrontation.
It was also about M.A.D. (Mutual Assured Distruction) and arms proliferation.
Quote by Cheesepuff
I wish the world could get along without deterrence or fear. Sadly, though, that's how the world is being run now....

That is how it has ALWAYS been run.

Besides russia is flexing ist muscles now too, they tested a new missile recently and have restated the recon flights by their TU-95's
TS, you haven't read very much into this. The missile the US are placing aren't nuclear - they are smaller, conventional missiles designed to shoot down nuclear missiles. Russia are getting pissy because 1. Russia's previous satellite states are helping the USA by agreeing to have the missile sites and 2. because theoretically, if the missile defence was 100%, The US could strike at Russia, without Russia being able to strike back, so the whole theory of deterrence goes out the window. This of course, forgets the fact that the US has diddly squat to gain from launching a few missiles at Russia.
Quote by mon_the_fraser

Haha

Quote by Ht666
USA should just team with Russia and blow up India - problem solved.

Errrr, why would they blow up India?
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
errm

lol
<Omri> I love trannys too..
I wouldn't read too much into this, we've never gotten along with Russia, think about France vs. England from the hundred years (1350's) war until WWI, they absolutely hated eachother but became allies because they faced a larger threat.

I don't see this conflict leading anywhere, especially since the current staff is leaving office pretty soon.

On China, they would most likely back the Iranians for the oil, but the more likely start to WW3 is Kashmir. if you don't know, it's a small province where the borders of China, India, and Pakistan meet. All 3 countries have nukes, and all three countries hate eachother, and all three countries want that land for its resources (i think China controls it now) sooooooooo thats a LOT more likely than the US starting a conflict IMO
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
errm

for the lolz
Quote by Cheesepuff

Hippie...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by mon_the_fraser
It's wrong that I lol'd and that I lol'd hard, but by fuck I did and continue to do so.
Quote by n2dabloo
Does anyone think the U.S. is restarting the cold war by signing the missile/radar agreements with Czechoslovakia and Poland? America didn't like it when the Soviet Union based missiles in Cuba. Hmm, too close for comfort there, yet, we are trying to do the same by placing missiles in their back yard. Russia has recently threatened a military reaction of some kind if the missiles are put in place. Please post your opinions on the matter.

Czechoslovakia, my friend, hasn't existed since the end of WW2.
It's a defensive missile system designed to shoot down incoming ballistic missiles. It's not an offensive missile system.

Russia doesn't like it becuase it means they couldn't blow up Europe if they wanted to.
Quote by metalliclowns
TS, you haven't read very much into this. The missile the US are placing aren't nuclear - they are smaller, conventional missiles designed to shoot down nuclear missiles. Russia are getting pissy because 1. Russia's previous satellite states are helping the USA by agreeing to have the missile sites and 2. because theoretically, if the missile defence was 100%, The US could strike at Russia, without Russia being able to strike back, so the whole theory of deterrence goes out the window. This of course, forgets the fact that the US has diddly squat to gain from launching a few missiles at Russia.

WE WANT THE VODKA!
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by mon_the_fraser

worst comparison ever lol
Gear Lists are for G*A*Y*S