ok well im looking at some saga guitar kits and have a few questions

1. I know the hardddware wont be amazing but after adjustments will it actually sound good

2. should i get the Les Paul or PRS model

3. what color (i play thrash and metalcore so nutin stupid)
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
The hardware in the saga kits is crap. When I built mine, all that was left from the original kit when I assembled it was the body, neck and the plate and screws that hold the neck on and the bridge.

The pickups are crap too - they were all replaced on my kit as well.

I've heard the top on the PRS model is wafer thin.
im thinkin of equiping emg's and prob take the tune-o-matic from my other guitar , but what about the wiring
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

im getting the kit so i can learn to paint and hook up the hardware for a guitar i plan on making one the real way onve i have experience
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Saga kits are ok for that purpose, and they are cheap enough, so yeah - go for it - BUT - don't expect an amazing result - they come out ok - I quite liked the telecaster I built - led me to buy a proper one. I wouldn't build another one though.
buy all the parts off ebay.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by ESPplayer6
im getting the kit so i can learn to paint and hook up the hardware for a guitar i plan on making one the real way onve i have experience

If this is the case, then you shouldn't waste your money upgrading a POS Saga kit. Just assemble it as is and then use that extra money to make your real project that much nicer and trust me... you can ALWAYS spend more money on your project
All the hardware and pickups will easily double the cost of the kit if not more. As a experience building thing a kit isnt bad just dont expect a PRS or LP out of the project.
if you want to practice painting, buy a piece of poplar from home depot and have a field day.

if you want to practice building a guitar from a kit, diassemble one of your current bolt on guitars, reassemble, tune strings, end of story.

if you want to do something worth spending time on, buy a buy and neck off ebay after you've fine tuned your spraying, get some decent electronics and have a ball...

no sense in blowing 100-150 bucks on a saga kit if all you're going to do is use it as a wall ornament or firewood
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Yeah, if you're actually gonna USE the guitar, get a kit from Carvin. Albeit, they are 3-5+ times the cost of a SAGA kit, but they're superior in almost every way.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.