Page 1 of 2
Well, I'm just wondering, is anybody on UG straight edge??? And for people who are I have a question, how strict is it??? I know that it means you don't drink alcohol, do drugs, and the other stuff but how strict is it??? Just for alcohol I mean are you allowed a sip at a toast to something or not???

And yeah, thats all basically.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
These threads are done to death, most people attack the Straight Edge way of life and what not, I for one don't.
There.
NONE

no alcohal no drugs no smokes ne exceptions

otherwise ur just a light user

spoken from straight edge dude
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
I guess it changes with every person ..

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by ESPplayer6
NONE

no alcohal no drugs no smokes ne exceptions

otherwise ur just a light user

spoken from straight edge dude

That's what I thought, someone told me different, and that was all, I'd just had to check. Thankyou.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

*scratches*
Quote by soulflyV
I hate to come across as a total ass, but there has been a million of these threads.

Just use the search bar.

I'm ashamed of you soulfly. I looked up to you! Now what?! You have gone and made a total ass of yourself.

Now whose avatar will entertain me for hours? WHOSE??
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall

The only Edge I want.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
yeh search bar
and of course theres straight edge people
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by En_zed
I'm ashamed of you soulfly. I looked up to you! Now what?! You have gone and made a total ass of yourself.

Now whose avatar will entertain me for hours? WHOSE??

Ok, here's what I'll do *whispers*

*clears throat*

Ok, I don't mean to come across a some who isn't a total ass, but this thread is ok with me.

Don't use the searchbar.

I think I fixed it.
Quote by soulflyV

Ok, here's what I'll do *whispers*

*clears throat*

Ok, I don't mean to come across a some who isn't a total ass, but this thread is ok with me.

Don't use the searchbar.

I think I fixed it.

That's almost worse!

You're just another brick in the wall
It's like anything, if you're vegan and you eat an animal product at all, you're not a vegan. I personally don't mind straight edge kids, but every single one of them these days is so obsessed with telling everyone who smokes that it's unhealthy for them.

Yeah, thanks. I was unaware.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't smoke, drink, or use. I just don't like the term straight edge because I feel like it's pretentious.
Dickless.
Last edited by MetalMilitia212 at Jul 9, 2008,
not when u live in coral springs lotta drugs here and also i intend on staying straight edge

btw i dont force it on people
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
Last edited by ESPplayer6 at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You're fifteen? That's not being straight edge, that's being a law abiding citizen.

Yeah, I know, but I'm planning to be straight edge when I'm older, well now as well, even though it is just law abiding as well.
Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

*scratches*
I don't smoke, or drink. And don't plan on doing it?

But I don't believe in forcing beliefs upon others, so I don't go around getting pissed off at people for smoking.
Quote by Frewak
Yeah, I know, but I'm planning to be straight edge when I'm older, well now as well, even though it is just law abiding as well.

Wait, your asking how strict it is because you want to be 'straight edge'?

Be yourself, if you want to have a sip of alcohol, do it. It sounds like you only want to be straight edge for the label of it.
Quote by ESPplayer6
not when u live in coral springs lotta drugs here and also i intend on staying straight edge

btw i dont force it on people

When there's a lot of drugs, it's suddenly legal?
I guess I'm technically straightedge since I don't do drugs or drink or anything, but I don't go around bragging about it. Labels are stupid, IMO. Just do what you want, don't force your beliefs on other people, and we should all get along fine.
kill all humans
Why be Straight Edge? Why not just abstain from substances and sex without giving yourself a label?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
theres a lot more to it than just not drinking or smoking.

its got a kind of gang mentatily. especially millitant straight edge...
Quote by PeffinGee
If there were death penalties for pedophiles, half of UG will die

www.myspace.com/fr3ddi30

A SAILOR'S GRAVE FOR ME
I don't smoke, drink, or take drugs (I'm 17, and the legal age for light alcohol here is 16).
I don't enforce it on other people, though. I mean, if someone asks, I tell them that I don't drink, but I don't fly the flag or anything. Does that count as Straight Edge? I don't really think of it as a trend or a group to fit into...it's just a term to describe someone who doesn't drink or smoke.

I think in some cases, Straight Edge people also refuse casual sex.
Quote by Frewak

That's what you say now...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by sashki

Now that's just retarded...
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by sashki

straight edge kids don't approve of promiscuous sex.

i'm admittedly straight edge, but i couldn't care less what other people do. it isn't like i walk around telling people that drugs and alcohol are bad for them - i just ask kindly that they don't blow smoke in my face.
Quote by jakekilgore666
christian music is sooooooooooo bad
if you love god that much, why make music that makes god want to shoot himself?
Quote by Frewak

You can choose not to drink and all that without labelling yourself.
Maybe you should just stay clear of drugs and alcohol instead of picking a side. Do you what you want.

EDIT: Ha, good post^
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by sashki
I think it's still better than being a chain-smoking alcoholic crack whore...

Hey...I'm a chain smoker...and I drink...I'm just not a crack*****
Quote by Gyroscope
Why be Straight Edge? Why not just abstain from substances and sex without giving yourself a label?

I was going to say that. I don't bother giving it a label. I don't drink, but if I feel like one I don't want to worry about being "straight-edge."
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Quote by craggis19
I was going to say that. I don't bother giving it a label. I don't drink, but if I feel like one I don't want to worry about being "straight-edge."

Are there any "advantages" of being Straight Edge™, rather than simply refusing drugs and alcohol?

Besides being part of a crowd that everyone hates?
Quote by sashki
Are there any "advantages" of being Straight Edge™, rather than simply refusing drugs and alcohol?

None that I can think of. I think it makes you sound a little bit pretentious really...
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I've technically been SE for near a ****ing month.
Vegan.
No drugs.
No alcohol.

But it's SO against my philosophy!
Only two UGers will understand this really, but I want to drink because I want to drink, but I don't want to drink because my body doesn't want to drink

There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I don't know....
I don't dink or do rugs or whatever. And I won't.
But I don't label myself as straight edge because I just don't see the point.

And I guess that edge has different lvls. (depends on the person)
Like to your thing about toasting, I think that'd be alright in most cases. Like if you drink to get buzzed or drunk, then it's a no-no but a glass of wine here or there is OK.
But some people will tell you that thats not ok either because it's still alcohol.
It all just depends on how extreme you want to be.

Quote by sashki

I think it's that you know/realize/figure-out that you don't need to **** with your mind to have a good time.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Jul 9, 2008,
Page 1 of 2