Page 1 of 2
Different experiences are what shape people as they grow, helping to increase the amount of differences between each of us.

If you had to select a couple of the biggest defining moments in your life up until now, what do you think you'd put.

*warning* Anyone trying to include any form of internet meme/derail the thread topic will be reported
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

****in yo momma!
Edit: I'm only joking im not really immature. BOOBIES!
Quote by bobjim
friend: "no, ive never had anal sex"
me: "do your parents know?"
friend: "yeah"
*awkward silence*
me: "...your sister has nice tits."
we didnt hang out for years after that..

lol!
Last edited by sdnsausagerolls at Jul 9, 2008,
*warning* Anyone trying to include any form of internet meme/derail the thread topic will be reported

multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by sdnsausagerolls
****in yo momma!

After the post that started this thread, the most immature reply of all time caught me off guard, in a good way
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
he has been reported, and I've been informed that he's also now had a warning.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Just a week ago I think, actually. My best friend and I slept over my friend Scott's house, and her and I stayed up 'til 11:30 in the morning talking about life.

It's so weird, I think most people go through life without really having many deep talks with their friends. You don't realize what you're missing until you actually do.

EDIT: Hey, first serious post .
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Just a week ago I think, actually. My best friend and I slept over my friend Scott's house, and her and I stayed up 'til 11:30 in the morning talking about life.

It's so weird, I think most people go through life without really having many deep talks with their friends. You don't realize what you're missing until you actually do.

EDIT: Hey, first serious post .

Thanks for actually posting something useful. I had something similar to that recently, it's an event that sticks in your mind very well.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

When I first picked up a guitar! What? is that what you wanted to hear!?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
yeh d and ms and first time i did pot
when i went to ireland for 6 months yeh
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by rworsl
Thanks for actually posting something useful. I had something similar to that recently, it's an event that sticks in your mind very well.

I know, it sounds silly that just talking to someone for close to 5 or 6 hours can be one of the most pivotal moments of your life, but it's true.

EDIT: Also, be forewarned, you're gonna get a million and a half people saying "The first time I picked up a guitar".
Dickless.
moving to france for 4 years then coming back, when i was 8. if i hadn't come back i would never have picked up the guitar/got into loads of different styles of music and made a band, as the 'scene' where i was in france was very much dead.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I'mma go ahead and say the first time I jerked off. That was funnnnn.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Deciding to play bass

What prompted that decision?
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl

Same as when I decided to play bass I guess! When I realiesed I failed at guitar!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Taking up drinking.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by rworsl

I've had a facination with the bass sound since I was 6 years old. Unfortunately I didn't act on that back then. So I made a promise to myself that I would learn it at the nearest possible oportunity.

So, when I came to university last year, I decided to buy myself a bass and teach myself to play the thing. I love being able to play some of my favourite songs and also to express Christian worship in music.

Here's a pic of my gigging bass:

Quote by gunners fan
Same as when I decided to play bass I guess! When I realiesed I failed at guitar!

No, I want to play bass cause I love the sound.

Low notes....
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
No, I want to play bass cause I love the sound.

Low notes....

Too be honest I'm not too bader guitarist, rather I learnt Bass out of neccesity. See I was playing guitar with my old band for 6 months but we could never find a bassist so we could start gigging & seeming we had two guitarist & I was the slightly weaker of the two I decided to buy a Bass & borrow an Amp for a while.
Then last year I did the Unthinkable & traded my "Baby" (SG) for a Bass stack!!
But after all that I've decided that bass is my instrument! It just feels soooo much more natural to me!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan
Too be honest I'm not too bader guitarist, rather I learnt Bass out of neccesity. See I was playing guitar with my old band for 6 months but we could never find a bassist so we could start gigging & seeming we had two guitarist & I was the slightly weaker of the two I decided to buy a Bass & borrow an Amp for a while.
Then last year I did the Unthinkable & traded my "Baby" (SG) for a Bass stack!!
But after all that I've decided that bass is my instrument! It just feels soooo much more natural to me!!!

I play 6 instruments but bass will always be my one true love.

Petra (my bass), I love you!
Yeah guitar really wasn't my defining moment, like i enjoy it and all but yeah no. Probably entering college i think. Really about where you 'find yourself' and become mature (hopefully). I've grown alot since then. And probably a couple of concerts i have shared with friends. Just those moments in the heat of the battle or song haha you grasp your best friend, sing along and know right then and there that you will always have this....music.
Gear:
Epiphone SG
H&K 100watt Stack
Ibanez Practice Amp
Takamine Acoustic.

TOOL
I haven't had my defining moment yet. I'd rather not peak so early.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I haven't had my defining moment yet. I'd rather not peak so early.

I wasn't implying that people have one single defining moment of their entire lives. But a series of situations that changes who they are be it for the better or worse.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by rworsl

Inability to play the guitar.

im sorry

For me my defining moment would have to be my first gig.

I don't know why but I really changed after that. My confidence grew and I got a lot more respect from people.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Musically, i would say when i first picked up bass (i was about 13 or 14 at the time), i wanted to do something different to everybody else, plus i heard some songs with catchy bass lines and i thought it looked cool, i had tried a few chords on guitar before but couldn't get the hang of it. Then i heard a really good guitar solo that sounded pretty simple, so i tried picking it up, then i tried a few other things, and my love of guitar went from there, i do enjoy playing bass still, so i didn't abandon it.

I hadn't really found my place on guitar or in life until probably summer last year, i was going through a hard time, i was madly in love with someone i know, i was drinking alot and was having mood swings, at points my eating and sleeping pattern was out of whack, this went on for a little while, but i picked myself up in the end, i got to know myself a little more, got really confident on guitar (i was quite confident in the first place, but i kind of went with the flow and didn't show my fully potential), i still get mood swings from time to time but i am not as bad as i was.

I also started smoking around the same point as when i was in a pickle, and up until about a week ago i have been trying to kick it but to no avail, but then i just gave up and now feel pretty much no need unless i am really stressed or having a drink, that sounds like just what everybody says, but i can stand around my smoking friends and still feel no need to join them with a cigarette.

EDIT: oh yeah, this was all at some point in college, i hadn't really had anything like that happen to me before that.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by rworsl
I wasn't implying that people have one single defining moment of their entire lives. But a series of situations that changes who they are be it for the better or worse.

Well then I have too many to list, or none big enough to warrant a mention. I'm not sure.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Well then I have too many to list, or none big enough to warrant a mention. I'm not sure.

You, my good sir, are a philosopher.

My defining moment was when I proved all my friends wrong that thought I'd drop the guitar after playing for a month or two, including my mother.
▼▲
Quote by shdowfox17
awesome avatar,denn0069!
Quote by Valo
The most truth I've heard in the pit.
ever.
▼▲
I was born into a family of musicians and artists. That pretty much defines me.
Quote by Albert Einstein
Nuh-uh. Nuh-uh. NUH-UH. NOPE. NO! NOPE! WRONG! NO! UR AN IDIOT! STFU! GTFO!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Eyebrows has no Whoopi Goldberg, for never is she surprised?

Well, I know this is gonna sound cliche for UG and The Pit, but, playing guitar for the first time was my defining moment. I would not be who I am today if I didn't pick up the guitar. It's my one and only love.
Gear:

Guitars:
ESP ltd FX-400
Epiphone les paul jr.

Amps:
Line 6 spider II combo 30 watt
Krank Rev. Jr. full stack tube.
Quote by denn0069
You, my good sir, are a philosopher.

My defining moment was when I proved all my friends wrong that thought I'd drop the guitar after playing for a month or two, including my mother.

Thanks.
I honestly can't come up with anything. I think of my life as streaming rather than a series of events, broken-up. It sucks as well because I'd like to actually think of something.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I was at my mates house and i hated using his bathroom so i figured i'dwait 'till my mum came to take me home and i ended up pissing my pants at the dinner table.
Last edited by legiondairy at Jul 9, 2008,
Well yesterday, I went on a mini-shopping spree. I really wanted some new skinny jeans, so we went to this store that had like millions of expensive jeans. None of them fit right, and I realized after trying on 15 pairs that I didn't even really like wearing skinny jeans, I just wanted to wear them to be part of some trend. So I said, "No more skinny jeans, lets buy shorts!" and then I proceeded to shop for anything I found cute, not whatever would fit into the mindless trend that I wanted to be apart of. So now I have clothes that I like, and I'm not wearing to make myself more part of the scene.
So I feel good (:

And I know this may sound shallow, but it was a big awakening, that I shouldn't dress like all the other mindless scene trend *****s to impress anyone, I should be myself.
Probably when my mum dies, 'cos since then I've been
emotionally dead and it's annoying

wasn't a good change

On a good note, when I joined the band I'm in now
They're amazing dudes and it increased my playing
skill exponentially.
two particular gigs that I played...

the first was when we won a battle of the bands type competition, which was judged by andy mckluskey (from OMD). We got management through this win. the 2nd moment was a year or 2 later when that management later started getting us some decent gigs and we got the deep purple support slot at liverpool summer pops (5000 seater stadium).

so, we did the gig and I remember standing in the press pit, in front of a giant summer pops backdrop, with my band AND deep purple, with the press happily snaping away at us. I just thought to myself "this is where I wanna be".

the band split a few months after that :-( but those moments were still defining, none the less.

peace

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
I don't have one defining moment. Every time I got busted for some **** I got myself into and lost the trust of my parents is a defining moment for me.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I obtained "legendary" status after being caught at my mates 21st round the side of his house with my trousers round my ankles and some girl I'd met that night concealing my dignity with her face.
I'd have to say moving from Scotland to England. That changed my life around. When moving to England I realized how Naive I had been about everything. Hell, I didn't even know about any other countries but Scotland. And I was 9! To this day I thank my Parents for moving me to England. (Even though England sucks. But lets face it, not many countries are good nowadays)

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Page 1 of 2