well here's my problem... i'm building a volume pedal using some very simple schematics (pic1) however... i am kinda confused how to wire jacks (take a look at pic 2 to see how the jacks i have look like... (if it helps))... however... i cant really tell the difference between different parts of the jack on the schematics... now i didnt really explain my problem (i'm not that good at english) but however UG, i made it easy for you to help me lol.... just tell me which one (pic 3) is right... first or second...

I is quite obivous, cause it's placed vertically up side up lol
II makes more sense cause jack fits in perfectly...

thx for help, UG

cheers
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by XSider
Ohh man you suck big time

yeah thanks that was helpful
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The second part of pic 3 is the correct way to plug it in. There's a long lead on the jack with a little hump at the end of it. This hump should fit right into the indent of the instrument cable's plug called the 'tip'. Think of the sleeve as the part that has the threads on the jack. Schematics will either say tip or sleeve or it may just be a picture.

In your case it's a picture. In pic 1, the "in" jack has the sleeve wiring shown on the left and the tip is on the right. The "out" jack has it's sleeve wiring on the right and the tip on the left. While I'm at it, the pot (thing you turn) is wired while you're looking at it from the bottom.

i hope that helps.
Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame
just finished wiring it.. it works.. thanks =)
Quote by Moggan13
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Serjem
just finished wiring it.. it works.. thanks =)

Guitar:
Dean Vendetta 3 - Dave Mustaine Livewires

Amplifier
Carvin X100B - Bias Mod - Tungsol 12AX7's - JJ KT77's

I have built the most badass 212 that puts all others to shame