The tubes inside the vox ad15vt ad30vt etc are in power amp or pre amp? searched a lot but couldnt find anything. same question goes for marshall avts too...
The VT's use a preamp tube in the power section I believe.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by blind.quardian
how does that work:S

The signal goes through the tube to "tubify" it a little. After that it's amplified by the SS power section.

Edit: At least that's how I think it works.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Last edited by Fama at Jul 9, 2008,
no not that i asked how a they use a preamp tube in the power section after darkabiter said that. the real thing i want to know is in the hybrid amp vox. the tube is in preamp section or power amp section?
Quote by blind.quardian
no not that i asked how a they use a preamp tube in the power section after darkabiter said that. the real thing i want to know is in the hybrid amp vox. the tube is in preamp section or power amp section?

He already answered you - it's in the power amp section. There's nothing special in using a preamp tube there, since it's not actually amplifying the signal to the levels you hear it. Besides, some low wattage amps use preamp tubes as poweramp tubes, it doesn't really matter from what I know - they're just lower powered.

(correct me if I'm wrong here)
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I think the reason they used a Preamp tube in the power amp is so they could make it push-pull without using 2 power tubes (I think that's what the VOX site says)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.