i've got a Burswood Strat and a 10w amp, and i want to know how to hook my guitar up to he 'line-in' jack on my computer for recording. i've already got the software, i just don't know what cable i need top connect the guitar to the computer. Any help?
You just use a standard cable. You connect your guitar to the amp as standard and use a cable from your amps line out to the computers line in, load up software and record.

1 thing tho, 10w is a practice amp(i assume), it might doesnt have a line out jack - if not, then you cant connect it this way.
my 10w is a practice amp, but i can't afford a proper amp. so i need to buy a cable from the headphone jack to the line-in on the computer?