i'm looking for a cheap alternative to ibanez mtm1.

mahogany body
fixed edge bridge
nut locks
24 frets
active pickups
preferably bolt-on neck
preferably rosewood fingerboard

any guitar with resemblance?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by Amitio
Ibanez MTM2?!

are those pickups active?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Well you aren't going to find an Edge bridge on anything other than an Ibanez. Schecter and LTD have hardtail models with active pups, but I don't think they'd be bolt-on.

how about hardtail with nut locks?
Quote by necrophilic
are those pickups active?

I think there passive, but they could be changed out.

Its probably the closest thing to a mtm1 though!
no about active pickups, but tell me why people buy these models with fixed bridge and lock nut ? it's so useless, just get a hardtail guitar with good locking tuners.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
The fixed Edge is good for keeping the guitar in tune. The regular tremolo Edges do this well - I'd imagine that without all sorts of whammy abuse, the fixed Edge would do even better.

But yeah, I'm almost positive that the Ibanez MTM series is the only one that offers a fixed double-locking bridge. If you're okay with Tune-O-Matic bridges, I'd suggest a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX. It has everything you want except for the fixed Edge and a bolt-on neck (it has a set neck instead). Or, on the really cheap, go for the Schecter C-1 (just the C-1, no extensions or anything). That has everything, but the pickups are Duncan Designed actives, which might influence your decision a bit. ESP LTDs (400/500 series) might also suit your needs.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
To make changing tunings inconvenient.

listen to DrNick you idiot.
Quote by DrNick
The fixed Edge is good for keeping the guitar in tune. The regular tremolo Edges do this well - I'd imagine that without all sorts of whammy abuse, the fixed Edge would do even better.

But yeah, I'm almost positive that the Ibanez MTM series is the only one that offers a fixed double-locking bridge. If you're okay with Tune-O-Matic bridges, I'd suggest a Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX. It has everything you want except for the fixed Edge and a bolt-on neck (it has a set neck instead). Or, on the really cheap, go for the Schecter C-1 (just the C-1, no extensions or anything). That has everything, but the pickups are Duncan Designed actives, which might influence your decision a bit. ESP LTDs (400/500 series) might also suit your needs.

the schecter c-1 blackjack atx doesn't have locking nuts right?
Not unless you get the Floyd Rose version, no. I don't think guitars with Tune-O-Matics or other forms of fixed bridges come with locking nuts (again, except for the fixed Edge).

I suppose that if you really want to, you should get a LTD MH-400, which would do everything you want except for the neck (which I think is set neck), and then just block the trem so that it's essentially a fixed bridge guitar.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Last edited by DrNick at Jul 9, 2008,
thanks.
Quote by necrophilic
listen to DrNick you idiot.

Haha. Suit yourself. No one I know has trouble staying in tune with a fixed bridge and a decent set of tuners. If you're going to be literally ripping out your strings while you play, then yes, you may need this. If you're going to be playing music on your guitar, then no, you're the idiot.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Haha. Suit yourself. No one I know has trouble staying in tune with a fixed bridge and a decent set of tuners. If you're going to be literally ripping out your strings while you play, then yes, you may need this. If you're going to be playing music on your guitar, then no, you're the idiot.

agreed. you outsmart ibanez designers. make your own company.
Quote by necrophilic

bbuuuurrrrnnnnn

im pretty sure ibanez has a few other models that rock the fixed tremolo bridge, ill look them up when i get home though cause im late fuh work yo

but i have to agree that it would be a little inconvienent cause thats why im replacing my jackson, the nuts stripped out and i have it blocked and its still being a pain on tuning because of the bridge x
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by necrophilic

I'm sure the Ibanez designers knew some half-wits would think they need a locking nut with a fixed bridge and it would sell a bunch of guitars. I was just trying to help. By all means, fork over your money.