hey guys,
so i have a question about intonation and action on a strat bridge

heres the kind of bridge

and.. so u see the screws pointing to the left that are holding the (things?) that hold the strings

so, u adjust them for intonation right?

but what about the little screws that make the string holder thingy go up and down.. theres 2 for each thing and they look kinda new

if this is making any sense, the little ones are for action and the ones pointing left are for intonation right?>

im trying to prove my friend wrong

btw thats not mine its from googgleeee
Quote by 6-string-yay-2
hey guys,
so i have a question about intonation and action on a strat bridge

heres the kind of bridge

and.. so u see the screws pointing to the left that are holding the (things?) that hold the strings

so, u adjust them for intonation right?

but what about the little screws that make the string holder thingy go up and down.. theres 2 for each thing and they look kinda new

if this is making any sense, the little ones are for action and the ones pointing left are for intonation right?>

im trying to prove my friend wrong

btw thats not mine its from googgleeee

Okay,

The screws pointing with the heads to the RIGHT in that picture are for intonation.

The little new looking ones are for action (string height).
Quote by TheProducer
Okay,

The screws pointing with the heads to the RIGHT in that picture are for intonation.

The little new looking ones are for action (string height).

ya thats what i thoguht

sorry i couldnt make it clearer

thanks
The action on a strat is adjusted by removing the back plate, and tightening (to lower the action) or looseing (to raise the action) the screws on the rear of the bridge. Intonation? I haven't the foggiest.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by ledhead67
The action on a strat is adjusted by removing the back plate, and tightening (to lower the action) or looseing (to raise the action) the screws on the rear of the bridge. Intonation? I haven't the foggiest.

You haven't the foggiest idea of how to adjust the action either.

Sorry, that's not it. That's how you adjust the tension of the springs in order to control the lift of the bridge. The individual saddles on the bridge adjust action, as I previously stated.