Right, so I've been playing bass for a while now, with a practice amp and no pedal. I've developed a style mostly picked up by listening to old mod bands and some blues rock.

I want to buy a new amplifier as my current one is still a practice one I got with the starter pack. BUT, at the same time, I want to add a distortion effect, is there any amp which could give me both an extremely high treble and a distortion effect, or would I have to buy both an amp and a pedal?
Dude, its bass you don't need a pedal. Its gonna sound like **** if you play it through a disto pedal. I would just concentrate on getting a really good sounding amp with a alot of eq options that suits your prefered sound.
I heard tweeter amps are good for treble, but are there any amps which also help with distortion?
get a cheap multi effects pedal. plus with a multi effect u can plug in headphones to it. as an amp im not sure som1 else will know
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
^Pizza the Hut
Dude I run 4 distortion pedals in my setup, and I don't have **** tone.

To the TS:
What you're actually looking for is a tube amp breaking up giving that grinding high treble tone you hear on those recordings. Your best bet would be to either spend a ton of money and get a tube amp or get a nice solid state and something like a sansamp VT Bass, or a tube powered overdrive like the Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by PunkRocker33133
^Pizza the Hut
Dude I run 4 distortion pedals in my setup, and I don't have **** tone.

To the TS:
What you're actually looking for is a tube amp breaking up giving that grinding high treble tone you hear on those recordings. Your best bet would be to either spend a ton of money and get a tube amp or get a nice solid state and something like a sansamp VT Bass, or a tube powered overdrive like the Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n

I saw them in Guitarist magazine a few moons ago. They tested the whole range of them(mostly guitar ones) and they got 5 stars for everything. They said that the VT was the most outstanding due to the small amount of tone pedals for bass. I'd go for that and a SS amp.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115