Are they any good for thash/death/heavy metal in general?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
which ones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a kustom 60 watt and the distortion on it is not for metal I will say that, I don't know how the half stacks sound though they might be great. But the one I have is more for blues and clean stuff.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
My freind has one, it gets alot of Distortion, not sure if thats what your looking for.
I saw Three in concert a couple of weeks ago, both guitarist were using Kustom half-stacks. I'm not sure of the models.

The singer's guitar tone was much more of a late 70s crunch tone, it was awesome.
Then the lead guitarists tone was similar to a JCM2000 kind of. A very defined heavy chug sound. Not enough gain for most modern metal bands, but it could pull off Metallica types of tone.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
btw Im talking about specifically the quad jr 100 watt half stack. But how do you think it compares to a randall or laney amp?
Member #8 of the "I Love Mexican Food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join
i've only tried the coupe... i thought it could get to metal if you needed a versatile amp capable of a variety of styles, but i wouldn't buy it if i only played metal, if you know what i mean.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?