Does anyone know of any decent, free notation software (not tab based)?
I'm currently using powertab, but its a pain when i'm trying to compose stuff as i have to work out the note on the guitar to enter it. I've also got cubase but the score editor in that isn't good.

Thanks,
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by siddy_88
guitar pro

Not free.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
^ can you enter music onto the staff with it?

I was just looking at some of this software: http://www.myriad-online.com/en/index.htm
anyone heard of them/ used their products before?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Finale Notepad.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
I'm guessing that you probably want a program that can play back the scores for you.

However, on the off chance that you just want to make good-looking sheet music for free, I've heard good things about Lilypond
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by t3hjames

That looks good, but i'm having trouble installing it on Vista x64.

However, Harmony Assistant looks even better imo. Its a free demo anyway so i'll have to see if i like it.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

The band instructor at my school uses Finale Notepad. I heard it can change the key of the song you put in at the click of a button. It sounds really cool.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Sibelius?

metal4all, Finale Notepad is the free version of Finale. Finale's the epic one that can change keys like that, while Finale Notepad is pretty basic.