Page 1 of 3
what are your opinions about them. our band has a show coming up in about 2 months so im just trying to get a nice, loud amp to play with. And im not really looking to spend over 600 dollers. but if you dont like the mg or the crate suggest something else. thanks
Do yourself a huge favor and get both.

You will not regret it.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
you dont need a halfstack....especially a ****ty halfstack.

what kind of music?

EDIT: lemme guess...metal? used 5150 combo ftw
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I have no experience with the MG, but the vast majority of people on UG hate them. If you want people to recommend you an amp, you need to tell us the style of music your band plays and name some bands who's guitar tone you like.

EDIT: Sorry, you posted faster than I could reply. LOL
Quote by LP51122
Do yourself a huge favor and get both.

You will not regret it.

+1

You will cry from the purely awesome tone that the two of them produce together. It's like the divine harmony of the gods.
used 5150 combo would be a good choice.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Ok ok I'm sorry for being a prick and saying to get both amps..........

Let me put it this way: I haven't played the crate, but I own an MG50. It sounded horrid for everything, but especially when you crank up the gain on the OD channel (which is what i think you would do for metal and stuff). I can only imagine how bad the MG100 would sound.........

Go for a used 5150 combo instead.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Get an MG Full Stack!!!
End Sarcasm.

Used Peavey 5150 COMBO.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
marshall mg's, not good
UG has a thing about MG's.....

But seriously, try both out, see which you prefer, we can't really decide for you
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

The Marshall....but how many watts are you looking to spend? I have a Marshall 30 watt....its pretty damn loud but on stage...look for a 100watt...and if marshall is too expensive, get Line6
gotta be a Bugera 6262
or Randall RG50
or B-52 AT-100
or....

god this type question gets asked a lot
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Jul 9, 2008,
Quote by LP51122

Right, the first time was somewhat funny. The 2nd time's trolling.

Anyway TS, the music store has ONLY Marshalls? I find that hard to believe. If so, a DSL401 combo would do fine- probably woudn't do quite as well as the 5150 for what you want, though.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Right, the first time was somewhat funny. The 2nd time's trolling.

Anyway TS, the music store has ONLY Marshalls? I find that hard to believe. If so, a DSL401 combo would do fine- probably woudn't do quite as well as the 5150 for what you want, though.

Sorry.

I've played through DSL401's and I like them quite a bit. Very nice OD, and gets plenty loud. I didn't like the cleans very much though. I think they were discontinued so looking used would probably be your best bet.......
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

yeah b&b music mostly has drums and acoustics and pianos and stuff. And this other place has alot of guitars and very litle amps. mainly all marshall. maybe a few crates and i think i saw a bugera but thats mainly it.
a Peavey 5150 combo, or ValveKing 2x12. Hell, even the XXX combo.

YOU DO NOT NEED A STACK FOR A GIG

this is a big misconception everyone thinks about stacks and gigging
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by Metallica Meat
The Marshall....but how many watts are you looking to spend? I have a Marshall 30 watt....its pretty damn loud but on stage...look for a 100watt...and if marshall is too expensive, get Line6

Just because you own it doesn't mean 1) It's Good, 2) You should recommend it, 3) Louder is better, 4) You know what you're talking about, 5) It's what the TS is looking for.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by youbleedtoslowx
yeah b&b music mostly has drums and acoustics and pianos and stuff. And this other place has alot of guitars and very litle amps. mainly all marshall. maybe a few crates and i think i saw a bugera but thats mainly it.

I'd definitely check out the Bugera, then. Br00tal lead channel, passable clean channel, pretty much all you need.
Quote by bjovi400
a Peavey 5150 combo, or ValveKing 2x12. Hell, even the XXX combo.

YOU DO NOT NEED A STACK FOR A GIG

this is a big misconception everyone thinks about stacks and gigging

but it makes me look cooler...
Quote by Metallica Meat

I guide you to this link

You don't need a 100 watt halfstack to gig unless you're playing a sellout show at wembley. I'm assuming you're not, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here asking for advice on which to get out of 2 crap amps.

Everyone else has pretty much answered with their suggestions. Its nice to see people have stopped bashing bugera, because from what i've heard from knowledgable people, they are pretty good amps and awesome value for money
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
I guide you to this link

You don't need a 100 watt halfstack to gig unless you're playing a sellout show at wembley. I'm assuming you're not, otherwise you wouldn't be posting here asking for advice on which to get out of 2 crap amps.

Everyone else has pretty much answered with their suggestions. Its nice to see people have stopped bashing bugera, because from what i've heard from knowledgable people, they are pretty good amps and awesome value for money

You do if your playing metal
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You do if your playing metal

no you don't you just need an amp with enough headroom for the power amp to remain relatively clean. a 50 watt combo should do that.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by youbleedtoslowx
oh and the music stores around here dont really carry peavys. mostly marshall.

that's why we're saying used...look craigslist
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I had the MG100 halfstack and I liked it (I'm obviously the only UG member who doesnt hate it!)!

It's an okay starter amp but personally I would buy a Randall RH150G3 halfstack which I have now! Randall is not that expensive and it has raw power and really good distortion!

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
there should be a sticky about not asking about MGs. they are ****e. that is all. stop asking about them.

and yes. you do not need a half stack. your tone will suffer as a result of you going for size rather than the quality of the amp.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
and look for the 5150 combo (used) too

and, like everyone said, you really dont need a half stack. even if your playing small, medium, or even some large gigs. because sometimes combos are loud enough and other times the venue mics it up
Quote by Gibson_Left
Yeah but nothing says like a halfstack

if you need a halfstack for people to think you're cool, you're doing it wrong.

can i get a link as to where i could buy the Randall RH150G3 half stack. i just lookedit up on youtube and it sounds amazing.
Quote by youbleedtoslowx
can i get a link as to where i could buy the Randall RH150G3 half stack. i just lookedit up on youtube and it sounds amazing.

google search is your friend, and don't judge an amp based on youtube videos

Page 1 of 3