Dont mind them too much. They have about 8 songs or so that I just love, and the rest I honestly dont care a whole lot for. But very talented artists!
Quote by Guitardude19
The world is a fucked up place.

Tele's

"Oh I'll play the blues for you"
Lying eyes is amazing. I love the Eagles although i can't say i own more than Hotel California (album) and their greatest hits.
The Eagles are a band that I enjoy listening to from time to time, but don't own any of their albums except two Greatest Hits.

A friend of mine owns their new album, and it wasn't bad, but it was definitely steering more towards country as it is today (country pop, if you will), rather than alternative country, folk rock, or any of the other genres they covered in the past.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The Eagles are a band that I enjoy listening to from time to time, but don't own any of their albums except two Greatest Hits.

A friend of mine owns their new album, and it wasn't bad, but it was definitely steering more towards country as it is today (country pop, if you will), rather than alternative country, folk rock, or any of the other genres they covered in the past.

I was really disappointed with Long Road Out Of Eden, it wasn't a good record at all. The record should have been ten songs or so, then I would probably give it more favourable reviews.

Heartie, you should pick up Hotel California, One of These Nights and On The Border. I highly recommend them. If you dig the more country side, Desperado is where to go.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
The Eagles are a great band and I think that all their albums are great. There songs are amazing along with their guitar playing and vocals. They harmonize perfectly. Ive seen them twice and in concert and they were unbeliveable.
I find that the Eagles seem to make a handful of amazing songs, than the rest I just can't get into.
Feed your mind.
^^Nine. Three are closed and only one has made it past two pages.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^Nine. Three are closed and only one has made it past two pages.

That's ridiculous.

But to resurrect the discussion over The Long Road Out Of Eden, since this seems to be the "official" thread now:

I hadn't even heard Long Road when I saw The Eagles last month, but I thought all the new stuff they played (10 songs I believe) stood up to the old hits without a problem. Going in knowing the set lists I thought it'd be weird that they were opening each set with 4 or 5 new songs, but it wasn't. The songs all impressed me, and it was good to hear something new (since as Matt always says, they just meticulously recreate the album versions of all their songs live for the most part). I still haven't picked up the album, but from what I saw live- it's on my list. Guilty Of The Crime, Too Busy Being Fabulous, the title track and How Long were the highlights of the new stuff.
Hey, I'm Mike.
OH i met joe walsh at L.A airport,, cool dude,,as the rest of the band kinda did the whole "were to good for you" and kept walking,,but in my opinion joe walsh is tope 7 guitarists in the world.....being number 7. lifes been good to me so far,,,best song.
I've started getting into the Eagles a little more recently. They have some good stuff.

Personally, their best album is The Long Run. Those Shoes is a great song. I also really, really like Victom of Love.

Sadly, though, they are starting to become more of a country band now.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

Sadly, though, they are starting to become more of a country band now.

They sound like they always have to me...

I mean the whole country rock, Byrds-ish sound has been there since the beginning.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Yeah, they've always been that blend between country and rock. But it seems to me they have made a commitment to being country now.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero
Yeah, they've always been that blend between country and rock. But it seems to me they have made a commitment to being country now.

I don't think they've made a commitment to any sound... they're just doing what they want. I think they're still on the borders of country and rock though. I mean listen to the title track to the Long Road Out Of Eden.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by AngusIsMyHero

they were a pretty strict country band before joe walsh again, most of their hits are their very rock influenced songs, but on the b sides and a lot of their lesser known stuff is a lot of country influence, more so then rock sometimes
Favourite song is life in the fast lane. Great song.
"Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems"
Quote by eberg2
they were a pretty strict country band before joe walsh again, most of their hits are their very rock influenced songs, but on the b sides and a lot of their lesser known stuff is a lot of country influence, more so then rock sometimes

It was Bernie Leadon's influence that caused them to tip to the more country side in their pre-Hotel California years. Once he left during the On the Border era the band went straight ahead rock, thanks in part to the addition of Joe Walsh and Don Felder.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I've wondered recently how the rights of songs like "Hotel California," that are constantly performed live, are handled when the main writers of the song are "ejected" from the band(e.g. Don Felder)
Quote by hard_rock101
if i started a brutal death metal band, id call it Bleeding Asshole
Quote by abdulalhazred
I really don't know whether I hope this is a troll thread or not....... I mean...either he raped a girl
Or thinks it's ****ing hilarious to joke about it.
He's a monster either way.
The Eagles are pretty good. One day I was looking through my mom/dad's old vinyls, and found multiple Eagles vinyls. Two Copies of Hotel California, and I think a live album too...
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
I've got a live album and hell freezes over, then just the greatest hits. Tequila sunrise is probably my favorite song. This is one of the only bands I could listen to all day long, just from my limited catalog.

I thought the new album was pretty good. Waiting in the weeds is amazing, busy being fabulous, what do i do with my heart, I don't want to hear anymore, and do something are all great

I don't know how they could kick felder out, but the allman's kicked dickey out, so I guess anything's possible.
Quote by J-Smack
I've wondered recently how the rights of songs like "Hotel California," that are constantly performed live, are handled when the main writers of the song are "ejected" from the band(e.g. Don Felder)

Only Felder is gone. Since Frey and Henley are there I don't think there's much Felder can do about it legally. He wouldn't stand a chance saying "they can't play these songs, they're mine".
Hey, I'm Mike.
The Eagles have got to be my favorite band of all time. Period. Though i have to admit i don't really lik their new stuff alot. i still hav all there cds though. of course.