So I'm looking for 2 types of pedal that I know are out there I just can think of any types of names, brands, and popular models blah blah blah. So the first pedal I'm looking for would be like a noise gate or a compressor (those are both basically the same correct?) and the 2nd pedal I'm looking for is something that keeps the volume of the amp the same when switching between different effect pedals.
For your first one, noise gate and compression are two COMPLETELY different things. Look for the ISP Decimator for a great noise gate.
A noise gate helps get rid of hum and feedback. A compressor keeps your signal at a consistent volume, makes your softer notes louder and your louder notes quieter.
Quote by TheZim
So I'm looking for 2 types of pedal that I know are out there I just can think of any types of names, brands, and popular models blah blah blah. So the first pedal I'm looking for would be like a noise gate or a compressor (those are both basically the same correct?) and the 2nd pedal I'm looking for is something that keeps the volume of the amp the same when switching between different effect pedals.

Shouldn't you be able to match the Volume/Level on each pedal so they're the same? I guess that depends on which pedals you have.

A compressor would help as well, but if it's a dramatic difference then they need to be matched better.
yeah well i mean different pedals have different levels i've found out and it would be a lot easier to have one pedal that just keeps its all the same level so i can just stomp on effects and not worry about messing with the levels all the time
Yeah, but I think it'd be wise to get as close as possible first. Using a compressor to fix the problem is going to kill your dynamics.
I don't quite think a compressor would fix that (although I may be wrong). Why not just take 5 minutes (if even that) to adjust the level on all your pedals so that they are giving you close to the same volume when you use them? It's not like it's hard.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TheZim

...that would be the volume/level knobs on your pedals.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hm i guess the compressor wasn't what i was looking for...i have a big muff now which i use a lot and bd-2 and a morley wah and they're all going through my fender hot rod deluxe and i usually use the distortion on that but with the distortion from the amp and the muff it can get pretty noisey.
Quote by TheZim
hm i guess the compressor wasn't what i was looking for...i have a big muff now which i use a lot and bd-2 and a morley wah and they're all going through my fender hot rod deluxe and i usually use the distortion on that but with the distortion from the amp and the muff it can get pretty noisey.

That's what a noise gate would be for then--not a compressor.
listen to the duck *cough* i meant seagull of course
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
How many times do we have to go through this....

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
sorry bro, that post was epic. at least you have become even MORE known around here....one of the more wise UGers saying a very unwise thing haha.

you an seagull are up there in my go-to respected list.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I appreciate that, but if you respect my opinion that much, eventually you're going to have to accept that I'm right about it being a duck. You're falling right into their trap...

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
perhaps a duck with a seagull mask? or maybe a carnivorous Lithuanian antis....does to his pray as Hannibal Lecter did....pulls off the seagull face and then BAM!!!!....everyone in the back of the ambulance is DEAD.

or maybe it's just a flippin' seagull! lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Okay, fine. You keep telling yourself that if that's what you want to believe.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86