well i've been in the market for a 7 string for a while and i recently discovered the Ibanez s7320
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S7320-Electric-Guitar?sku=512509

does anyone have experience with this guitar?

and what makes the ZR bridge so special, i've heard its like the best floating trem out there but i dont know why haha
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Never tried a 7- string model, but the S series are pretty awesome. They're comfortable, generally well- made, and the ZR trem combines the best aspects of a Floyd Rose and a Kahler trem.

The only downside's the pickups, but that can be remedied relatively easily.
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Jul 9, 2008,
i've always wanted an S series guitar but the only ones i like are the really high end expensive ones =/, i also have a need for a seven string so this seemed to be a good halfway meet
the thing i love most about the zr is well... the zr part (zero resistance) but that might prove a problem for someone like me who rest there hand on the bridge but i played on at guitar center and it was pretty amazing, and i think the pickups are pretty okay for stock, which is what i hate most about ibanez guitars, you can buy one for over 1k and still get stock pups
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I would have thought a regular such as yourself could have asked this in the legion thread

The ZR is suppose to be an AMAZING bridge, different feel but non the less great.

and the S7 overall is all suppose to be a brilliant guitar. I am Gassing for one atm, but have never had the pleasure of playing one yet

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by ash_attack
the thing i love most about the zr is well... the zr part (zero resistance) but that might prove a problem for someone like me who rest there hand on the bridge

The other way around. Where a fulcrum trem (FR) would move when you rest a palm on it, the ZR actually stays put.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
also... is changnig tunings with the ZR any easier or different than with any other floating trem system?
Radical tuning change? No, not really. You still need to rebalance. Going from standard to drop can be done easily on the other hand.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Radical tuning change? No, not really. You still need to rebalance. Going from standard to drop can be done easily on the other hand.

doesnt it have that wheel thing though? it would still make the rebalancing a little easier
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
yeah ash thats what i was wondering about, if the wheel made it any easier?
It would, in a sense that you'd do it with your fingers as opposed to a screwdriver.
one thing i've found is like... with my current guitar which has an edge3 bridge. I try to tune to drop D and when i tune the E down all the other strings go sharp; so I go back and detune the others. Well once i do that the 6th string thats tuned down is way sharp... How can i remedy that problem? and do you still get those kinds of problems with the ZR?
^ Laws of physics tend to cause that in floating trems. However,

Quote by My Article
ZPS, or Zero Point System, is a stopbar-like device in the trem cavity of the ZR. Unlike a lot of people say, does not convert the ZR into a fixed bridge, or a dive only (I don't know where you people get those ideas). It's in no way similar to a Tremol-no. The ZPS is a bar which adds some counter-tension against the string tension that kicks in only when you dive. Pushing down on the bar meets stronger resistance from the ZPS, and as a result, you can overtune your guitar a bit without losing the dead center of the trem. This allows for such tricks as keeping your guitar in drop D, and using the fine tuner to tune to stanard. The additional tension of the low E will meet the resistance of the ZPS, and your trem will stay in tune. The ZPS is removable, and removing it allows the ZR to be a free system with nothing in the way of the string-spring balance.

That attemps to explain how ZR makes it easier to do drop D and such.
PM hmmm_de_hum, he has one. Also, there are a lot of guys at sevenstring.org who have one, you could ask there as well.
so pifty, i woudl be able to tune to drop D easier with a ZR bridge?
Yes.
awesome... I think i'm gonna go with this guitar
pm me about it if you do? it was one ive been looking at
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
ash, i wont be getting it til my bday (august 11th) so its gonna be a while =P
Quote by C.C. Deville
ash, i wont be getting it til my bday (august 11th) so its gonna be a while =P

poo in my shoe.. oh well.. my bday is august 31 xD
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
haha, if i remember (which i probably wont) ill pm you and tell you
Yeah.. it...it's.......guitar...
I'm sorry C.C., I can't stop looking at your tits.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
I've got an s520ex and i consider it to be a great guitar. From what i know its basically the same to the s7320 minus the 7th string. I find it to be extremely conformable to play and despite being mahogany its thin body gets rid of a lot of weight. As for the bridge the ZR is amazing, literally. I've used normal Floyd's and Kahler's and I find the ZR to keep in tune alot more then the previous two. I rest my hand on the bridge and I've found, provided that you dont push, it stays the way you left it. I drop-tune to D by just using the Fine-tuners on the bridge.

Hope this helps =D
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
I've got an s520ex and i consider it to be a great guitar. From what i know its basically the same to the s7320 minus the 7th string. I find it to be extremely conformable to play and despite being mahogany its thin body gets rid of a lot of weight. As for the bridge the ZR is amazing, literally. I've used normal Floyd's and Kahler's and I find the ZR to keep in tune alot more then the previous two. I rest my hand on the bridge and I've found, provided that you dont push, it stays the way you left it. I drop-tune to D by just using the Fine-tuners on the bridge.

Hope this helps =D

Hey no offense but you do know this thread is over a year old right?

and by the way most of the posters in this thread have been inactive for quite a while
so this isnt really gonna help em. lol
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Guitar-KID125

Hope this helps =D

Yeah it's kinda weird that you'd actually search out a thread just to post advice in.

The fact that you're kinda wrong is just silly. The S7320 is, as the name implies, an S320 with a seventh string and a zr7 bridge. And a different finish.... And AH pickups, but you're getting picky now.
Quote by Laslow
Yeah it's kinda weird that you'd actually search out a thread just to post advice in.

The fact that you're kinda wrong is just silly. The S7320 is, as the name implies, an S320 with a seventh string and a zr7 bridge. And a different finish.... And AH pickups, but you're getting picky now.

+1,000
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.