Ok, so, just for ****s 'n giggles I decided to have a shot at learning the guitar solos from Of Sins And Shadows by Symphony X. So my tab goes like this:

D|-------------------------------------------------|---15-18-15-------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------|
F|----------17-20-17----------------------------17-|20----------20-17----------------------------17-|
C|-------------------------------------------------|------------------------------------------------|
G|-15-18-22----------22-18-15----------15-18-22----|------------------22-18-15----------15-18-22----|
D|----------------------------16-15-16-------------|---------------------------16-15-16-------------|
         T     T     T                       T      T           T     T                       T

Now, the tab has no legato markings at all, just the taps. I'm assuming that all the stuff on the G, F and high D strings is legato and tapping, but what about the Gb F Gb on the low D? Would that be legato as well or picked do you reckon?
sig goes here
No I haven't listened to the song, I just decided to pick a random song that I've never heard of before to try and learn.

Sorry but that was a bit of a stupid question. Yes I have heard the song, I love it. I just sometimes find it hard to tell the difference between Romeo's picked playing and legato playing as he's just so damn smooth.

So the entire first solo is legato?
sig goes here
yes
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Skater901
Sorry but that was a bit of a stupid question. Yes I have heard the song, I love it. I just sometimes find it hard to tell the difference between Romeo's picked playing and legato playing as he's just so damn smooth.

So the entire first solo is legato?

It shouldn't be that hard to tell; he's a smooth player but the techniques are very clearly defined and separate. The first fast part of the solo is all tapping and legato, yes.

And keep the wah on.
Yeah but I'm too n00b to be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, legato entire first solo, cool. I'll get to work on it I guess.

Also, you say there's a wah? O.o I never noticed...
sig goes here
Quote by Skater901
Yeah but I'm too n00b to be able to tell the difference.

Anyway, legato entire first solo, cool. I'll get to work on it I guess.

Also, you say there's a wah? O.o I never noticed...

Yeah, Romeo uses the wah quite a lot.
Quote by :-D
Yeah, Romeo uses the wah quite a lot.

Heh. Next Kirk Hammett... ?
sig goes here
dont even compare the two please...
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
dont even compare the two please...

Lawl. It's ok, I love Romeo. He's a million times better than Hammett. Even though music isn't a competition.

Well anyway, my question's been answered. Let's let the thread die.
sig goes here