How do these amp heads compare? Which is the better deal? I need something thats versatile but with good tone. The jsx is cheaper but would i be missing out on anything important if i got it instead of mesa.
the JSX is the ultimate versatile amp.
the dual recto is a great amp, no doubt, but its overpriced for what youd get.
they're both american voiced amps in terms of gain and EQ.
get the JSX
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Two completely different amps.

The JSX is more voiced for shred, has a nice clean channel, smooth distortion and a pretty tight low-end.

The Dual Recto gain is a lot more loose in the low end and is definitely not a lead player's amp. For the price, I'd much rather have the JSX. If you want a good Recto, look at a Trem-O-Verb or Roadster. Mark IV is also another option.

Quote by danielrobbyshor

I wouldn't go that far.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the jsx is more saturated, and "gain-y" when pushed, the dual recto is more thick and chunky.

and yes, the dual recto is horribly overpriced... brand *****s keep the prices up though... : (
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
I've played both of those heads, and if you want versitality you should definately get the JSX.
Quote by danielrobbyshor
the dual recto is a great amp, no doubt, but its overpriced for what youd get.
they're both american voiced amps in terms of gain and EQ.
get the JSX

What he said, unless you have something for Mesa. There both about equal, so your paying less for the same thing,but then again who doesn't want a Mesa head?
Thanks guys, i do play mostly lead stuff with a little bit of jazz and experimental things. i was leaning towards the jsx but i heard alot about mesa so i wanted to check them out.
JSX has a tighter, more defined tone while the mesa is very chunky.
I'd say the JSX is definitely more versatile, has great cleans, and with some decent eq'ing can pull off classic rock fairly well.
GET IT!!!!!!
Get a mark IV, IMO.

A Jsx's insane channel is pretty muddy until you get it pretty loud.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The Mesa Mark series and the F series might be more like the Jsx than the Recto, maybe look into those?
I chose the JSX over all the Rectifiers, including the Roadster.
I just liked it's edgy, crisp gain and very tight low end.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION