Been teaching myself for a month and a half. Just got my Seagull Entourage....LOADS better than what I was playing on.

Stupid questions:

1) Why don't they put 2 strap fasteners on guitars out of the factory?
2) Are there straps that don't require you to drill into the guitar (for a 2nd post)?
3) The decorative ring that's around the center hole....just for looks? Anyone have success in taking it off of the Seagull Entourage. It looks kind of cheap and is sticky to the touch.

More to come I'm sure. Thanks for putting up with a rookie.
well u can get a strap with a lil rope thing at the top and you tie it to the headstock below your strings
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
no such thing as a stupid question man:

1/ my guess is as good as yours, but theres straps with ties at the end that you can tie to the headstock of your guitar
2/ i doubt it
3/ yes it is as far as i know
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Yeah acoustic guitars do not normally come with the second post. Do NOT drill a hole in it. Bad idea. Just get a strap with a rope to tie around the headstock right behind the nut.
Quote by acritzer
Been teaching myself for a month and a half. Just got my Seagull Entourage....LOADS better than what I was playing on.

Stupid questions:

2) Are there straps that don't require you to drill into the guitar (for a 2nd post)?
3) The decorative ring that's around the center hole....just for looks? Anyone have success in taking it off of the Seagull Entourage. It looks kind of cheap and is sticky to the touch.

More to come I'm sure. Thanks for putting up with a rookie.

1) Because there's not supposed to be on an acoustic
2) There should have been a string that came with the strap. You tie it to the headstock behind the nut and underneath the strings.
3) It may not be a great idea to take it off. It may serve a purpose. Take a damp towel and wipe it to see if it gets any less sticky.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Well, some people do have a second strap button installed in the heel of the neck because they prefer to have the strap attached closer to the body - from what I hear it's no big deal, any luthier can do it.

Take a look at this website - http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/GenSetup/StrapButton/strapbutton2.html

This is a fantastic website for future reference, btw.

As for the stick-on rosette, I HATE those. Several of the Godin brand guitars, some Yamahas, and even some Martins have them, and I can't stand the sight of them. I definitely agree that they cheapen the look of a guitar. I googled it, and it seems that the sticker should peel off pretty easily - don't use anything to scrape off the sticker or the glue, and peel slowly and carefully to avoid pulling up chunks of wood. You can use naptha to get rid of any left over gunk.

In this thread on another forum, you can see a picture of an Art & Lutherie that has had the sticker taken off - http://www.ezfolk.com/forums/forum32/1764-2.html

1. Some do. Most companies dont simply so you have the choice.
2. Yes, they tie on up around the headstock.
3. See above post.