Just curious, wut r sum of the differences b/t them (PRS and GIbson)... how bout PRS and Epiphone? thx
It depends on the guitar, but I think in terms of quality...

PRS = Gibson
PRS > Epiphone
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Well PRS mainly make Double cut shapes, but make a few Singlecuts, but originally Gibson sued them for the shape, but they can use it now. The majority of Gibson and PRS guitars use humbuckers, but both use P90's and a small amount of singlecoils. Gibson has been having QC issues apparently for the last decade of so, PRS has always maintained an allure, and has always stuck to very high quality,

Both Gibson and PRS are higher quality (handmade of course) than Epiphones. PRS has an equivelant to Epiphone, the PRS SE series.

EDIT:

Quote by edg
One of them wipes the floor with the other, another of them destroys the other.
Similar with Epiphone only more so.

Best bet is get an Ibanez.

Because Ibanez is definitely the best, lets be honest, nothing is subjective is it.

What an utterly useless comment.
If you haven't played a high end PRS model, definitely check them out. I played the new Mira model as well as the Korina McCarty last weekend at guitar center and they are great guitars.
+1 to minibrowny, I couldn't have said it any better. Mind you though, the quality issues at Gibson are usually concerning small things (dinks in the finish, a loose knob and stuff like that), nothing that would keep me from buying a Gibson.

Tonally, Gibsons are rooted in their past, with the sharp and biting sound of the SG and the warm sound of the Les Paus with it's rampaging low-end. Their other solidbodies usually are somewhere in between. PRS guitars have a rather modern voicing, with all frequencies being present, but none being dominant.
You decide what you like better.
Quote by TheQuailman

Tonally, Gibsons are rooted in their past, with the sharp and biting sound of the SG and the warm sound of the Les Paus with it's rampaging low-end. Their other solidbodies usually are somewhere in between. PRS guitars have a rather modern voicing, with all frequencies being present, but none being dominant.
You decide what you like better.

Yeah, that's how I would have described them. PRS is like a modern equivalent of Gibson. They're similar guitars in terms of construction. Just the character of the tone sets them apart.
Quote by edg
LOL. Which was exactly the point (which you seemed to have missed) in yet
another useless Gibson vs PRS thread.

You're biased towards something irrelevant to the thread.

Why is this thread useless?
Gibsons are nice guitars, if you get the right one. They're QC can be hit and miss. PRS's quality is exceptional, but I don't like them enough pay 2k for them. Fender FTW!
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
what does QC mean?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
PRS SE > Epiphone (personal opinion).
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Quote by kckyle
no no no no no you got the title all wrong. it should be PRS>GIBSON

Lmfao!

I truly think that prs quality is far greater than gibson, but you have to admit both make some absolutely killer guitars.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
I'll have to agree with that. It seems like the older the Gibson, the better. And the newer the PRS, the better... Now if we could find a balance between the two
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B